Braided Cables Compatibility - BeQuiet

Associate
I have a series 11 BeQuiet straight power 750w PSU. I'm looking to purchase the Bitfenix braided cables from the OC store, however, compatibility states these are for the BeQuiet straight power 10 series (500w, 600w, 700w, 800w)

Nowhere in the UK currently stocks the series 11 cables. The connections will be the same, I'm just wondering if any problems will be caused through using cables built for the series 10?

I'm thinking not, seen as though these cables are spec'd for a 800w PSU, whereas mine is 750w. But if anybody could tell me otherwise, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Man of Honour
The important thing is that the wires should all be in the correct place for your psu. If the pinouts are different then you could very well end up killing components. They could very well be different because although the OEM (FSP) has stayed the same the platform for the Straightpower 11 is new and only used for BeQuiet psu's. I believe the Straightpower 10 was a tweaked FSP Epsilon platform. Should you go ahead and buy a cable set for it you should examine them very carefully with the proper leads to make sure they are identical. All it would take is a wire in the wrong place and you would end up with a very expensive mistake.

Associate
OP
The important thing is that the wires should all be in the correct place for your psu. If the pinouts are different then you could very well end up killing components. They could very well be different because although the OEM (FSP) has stayed the same the platform for the Straightpower 11 is new and only used for BeQuiet psu's. I believe the Straightpower 10 was a tweaked FSP Epsilon platform. Should you go ahead and buy a cable set for it you should examine them very carefully with the proper leads to make sure they are identical. All it would take is a wire in the wrong place and you would end up with a very expensive mistake.

That's my biggest worry. I will continue doing more digging and aim to get the series 11 cables sourced.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom