Stupid Woman.. or Stupid People?

Soldato
Who cares what he said? and for the record i'm not a Corbyn fanboy.

I'm a nothing fanboy. I hate all our politicians currently.... I can't believe this has gained any traction at all. With brexit looming too, what is wrong with people?

Soldato
Much as I think Corbyn is a mental ****, it does look like his lips were moving in a manner that suggests he did say "people" - I'm no expert by and stretch, but if you're reading this and say "wooooooo" his lips didn't do that.

I normally dislike Corbyn, but in this instance, calling her a "Stupid woman" is not an issue. She could just as easily call him a "Stupid man." It implies she is stupid, not all women for crying out loud.

Of course if it was "Stupid women" which to me would imply called women stupid, that is a different thing entirely.

Soldato
He said 'Stuipd woman' as far as I'm concerned.

Members of the house are supposed to conduct themselves with more respect for their cross bench colleagues, regardless of what they think in private.

I seem to recall getting an infraction from the mods here for openly calling someone stupid in response to a blatantly stupid statement. Surely OcUK doesn't hold itself to a higher standard than parliament?

Par for the course as far as UK politics is concerned; total ****-show. Lets all just carry on with the lies in the face of blatant evidence to the contrary.

Permabanned
He said 'Stuipd woman' as far as I'm concerned.

Members of the house are supposed to conduct themselves with more respect for their cross bench colleagues, regardless of what they think in private.

I seem to recall getting an infraction from the mods here for openly calling someone stupid in response to a blatantly stupid statement. Surely OcUK doesn't hold itself to a higher standard than parliament?

Par for the course as far as UK politics is concerned; total ****-show. Lets all just carry on with the lies in the face of blatant evidence to the contrary.
He said it when seated. It's different to standing up and announcing it to the house.
Your comparison doesn't hold afaiac.

Caporegime
I normally dislike Corbyn, but in this instance, calling her a "Stupid woman" is not an issue. She could just as easily call him a "Stupid man." It implies she is stupid, not all women for crying out loud.

Of course if it was "Stupid women" which to me would imply called women stupid, that is a different thing entirely.

I kind of agree with this, but I guess there is some implication involved too. I mean why the need to bring her gender into it?

If you call someone a stupid Pakistani, or a stupid Irishman or a stupid black man etc.. you could quite easily sound rather racist.

Soldato
I think polititians should all be sacked and made to live how people do on the bread line, maybe then they will know how it is to truly be without and not know where the next meal/bed is coming from.

Soldato
He said it when seated. It's different to standing up and announcing it to the house.
If you can't say anything kind, don't say anything at all.
The fact he said it with a camera on him just beggars belief. Either he's an idiot or totally detached from reality to think this wouldn't be a problem, or both.
I'm sick and tired of seeing this kind of childish behavior from our elected representatives.

Man of Honour

In this instance that is a cop out - a comment that he didn't have the balls to stand up and clearly vocalise that he should have either kept to himself or said properly.

The fact he said it with a camera on him just beggars belief. Either he's an idiot or totally detached from reality to think this wouldn't be a problem, or both.
I'm sick and tired of seeing this kind of childish behavior from our elected representatives.

I don't have a problem with what he said at all and I doubt there was any degree of maliciousness in terms of gender intended but he is the one that made a platform of not furthering the childish behaviour in parliament yet only applies it when it suits him.

Associate
I'm happy to see any story come out that puts Corbyn in a bad light, simply because he's a complete waste of space. But that said, it's ridiculous that so much has been made of this.
Pretty much this - anything that shows up the students' 'cuddly communist' for what he is is fine by me. You'd think he was the second coming of the Messiah the way some of these Momentum-types carry on. After all, he's made anti-Semitism hip and trendy again, so maybe he's trying to do the same for misogyny. But yet, of course, it's the Right that are the real bigots ...

That said, calling the awful Theresa May a stupid woman isn't exactly wide of the mark ...

Permabanned
The childish behaviour in this case is coming from the ruling side of the house, they are making a mountain out of a mole hill and jumping on a weak excuse to avert the reality away from an incapable minority government.
They were the ones chiding with childish panto like calls prior to Corbyn's minor, unimportant, meager silly two little words.

Soldato
The whole thing just makes the UK look a bit embarrassing.

Totally out our depth with organising Brexit they are clinging on to petty instances like this. Just another reason to say the whole lot are a shambles

Soldato
I kind of agree with this, but I guess there is some implication involved too. I mean why the need to bring her gender into it?

If you call someone a stupid Pakistani, or a stupid Irishman or a stupid black man etc.. you could quite easily sound rather racist.

Given that we actually know this person and his career history, that's a pretty absurd statement to make.

Soldato
The left imploding again? Hilarious. By any reasonable standards he isn't sexist, by his own SJW standards he is.
I think you will find it is the right that are imploding again. The left just thinks this is a complete joke.

I bet the same people defending Corbyn lap up every negative word written about Trump as if it were direct from God.
No it is directed from Trumps words and actions, no god involved at all.

while they bicker about meaningless stuff..this happens

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46619035

they should be ashamed that they bicker about such petty things whilst a person dies within sight of parliament
This is why they bicker over meaningless stuff so as to hide reports like that.

Soldato
Does it really matter if he called Theresa May a stupid woman or if he called the government Stupid People? Both statements are accurate both technically and literally.

If the argument is that MPs shouldn't be allowed to say things under their breath/to themselves then that's approaching "thought crime" territory...

Back
Top Bottom