Soldato
Orca's are also called Killer Whales and with good reason, stupid human is lucky they were feeling playful instead of hungry

I've not heard of them ever killing humans in the wild and the only example I know of is a bullied male in a sealife centre who lost its marbles and drowned its trainer. Do you have any examples to back this up? I tried googling the origin of the name 'Killer Whale' and it didn't suggest it was due to man eating.

Soldato
I've not heard of them ever killing humans in the wild and the only example I know of is a bullied male in a sealife centre who lost its marbles and drowned its trainer. Do you have any examples to back this up? I tried googling the origin of the name 'Killer Whale' and it didn't suggest it was due to man eating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_whale_attack

has plenty examples of Orcas being murderous to humans, sure there's no documented deaths but it doesn't mean it's not possible, it's like suggesting it's okay to swim in lava because there's been no documented deaths of people swimming in lava, there are some things you know it's better to not do, swimming with killer whales is one of those things

Permabanned

Human behaviour is really interesting to watch. This guy risks being assaulted almost killed at times, just for "recording" people.

What the hell? This guy is an absolute anus. He goes into resturants, and kitchens and other obviously private spaces, and is nothing other than a pure antagonist. Hope he gets battered.

Soldato
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_whale_attack

has plenty examples of Orcas being murderous to humans, sure there's no documented deaths but it doesn't mean it's not possible, it's like suggesting it's okay to swim in lava because there's been no documented deaths of people swimming in lava, there are some things you know it's better to not do, swimming with killer whales is one of those things

I don't dispute it's not possible. If i didn't know anything about them then i would be wary of something with a huge mouth lined with teeth. There is at least one death in that list(search Tilikum) but this is by an Orca held in captivity which isn't a suitable environment for a highly social, intelligent animal.

The examples of wild Orcas having confrontations with people all seem to have underlying reasons such as them being in the presence of other food sources and in the one example where a human is bitten the whale doesn't follow through with its attack. The name Killer Whale is apparently mistranslated from 'Whale Killer' which gives it a whole different meaning.

If you think about how easily one could kill a person then you would think there would be one example of one eating someone in the wild. It's possible they just don't like the taste of people or they know it would just cause more trouble than it's worth.

If I encountered one in the wild I wouldn't be too concerned(unless I was wearing a seal costume) but I wouldn't approach one in captivity.

Man of Honour

That's a promising prototype, but it's not a great replacement for a wheelchair. It's much too big to use in the same way. She can't get in or out without being carried by someone else. Her shoulders don't ache...but they wouldn't ache in a powered wheelchair so that's down to the thing being powered, not the thing itself.

It could probably be modified so she could get in and out of it by herself, but it's more of a replacement for a car than for a wheelchair. It does tick the "doesn't look like something for handicapped people" box though - plenty of people who can walk just fine would use something like that for fun and some degree of practicality.

Soldato
I would love to have this Bladerunner blimp, tho i dread to think how much it must've cost to make.

It's not the cost in money but of time. You have to sink dozens of hours to build something like that with skill. I'd say cost overall would be about $100 or so with all the parts. But could take half a year or more if you're sinking in every spare moment you have

Back
Top Bottom