• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia stock getting slaughtered...

Soldato
OP
Nvidia is Nasdaq if we are being specific... But even if you look at the bell weathers... Google, FV, Apple, Intel etc etc... Nvidia fall in percentage terms from Peak to trough trumps them.... Its still worth a lot of money and they make a lot of money but they have mis stepped badly here and this is just the start.... You cant just release a different GPU because you cocked up, they will have to try and shovel the sh1te for as long as they can till they can get something out there people will pay 1000 quid a time for... Or they drop the price.... Something that goes against their recent behaviours... They have opened the door here though big style for someone (like Intel) to walk in.....

Intel probably have posters of the 2080 up at HQ saying this is better than any advert we could have thought of to get people to consider a different GPU supplier lol

Soldato
Annoying thing is I've recommended AMD at opportune moments a few times to people who've seen good money from it but not actually got organised into put any of my own money that way.
Yeah, they're holding up well to be honest. To put it another way, if Nvidia;s shareprice doubled tomorrow (it won't) it would still be cheaper than where AMD are at the moment. Good for AMD but they will need to churn out good numbers to keep the high valuation. The market is definitely impressed by what they're doing.

Man of Honour
Nvidia is Nasdaq if we are being specific... But even if you look at the bell weathers... Google, FV, Apple, Intel etc etc... Nvidia fall in percentage terms from Peak to trough trumps them.... Its still worth a lot of money and they make a lot of money but they have mis stepped badly here and this is just the start.... You cant just release a different GPU because you cocked up, they will have to try and shovel the sh1te for as long as they can till they can get something out there people will pay 1000 quid a time for... Or they drop the price.... Something that goes against their recent behaviours... They have opened the door here though big style for someone (like Intel) to walk in.....

Intel probably have posters of the 2080 up at HQ saying this is better than any advert we could have thought of to get people to consider a different GPU supplier lol

Turing is a bit of a screw up really - dies that big aren't really suited to general consumer markets especially without some salvage products.

Man of Honour
;D seen that somewhere :p

Annoying thing is no one, not even nVidia, have done a decent showcase of what even hybrid RT features can do and I don't have the time myself to get upto speed with it (I haven't even done any extensive programming for DX since version 7) - it should be possible to bolt it onto even older games with some pretty spectacular results.

Soldato
If you read the results the "car" part of the business is doing well, but the gaming part is still around 60%, I think cars is more like 10%... The gaming section crumbles and the whole company gets ill.. The cars bit stumbles... Its no big deal..

Greed + Laziness = Trouble...

That's not how share prices work. They are forward looking and consider the long term.

Nvidia for example still has a P/E ratio of 20 which means that the market is expecting significant growth in profits. Growth that you don't get from mature markets like gaming.

Nvidia was dropped by Tesla who said ASICs are the way to go for driverless cars. Significant growth in driverless cars was priced into the nvidia share price. You only had to follow their presentations on the market size they saw chips in driverless cars to have (I think they had it at $30bn).

Soldato
No, not in the slightest. Start reading the actual article.

They wouldn't be getting sued if they didn't...

"The lawsuit states that Nvidia misleadingly claimed to be “masters at managing [their] channel,” and falsely said that it would be able to monitor the crypto market"

Sounds like lies to me.

Permabanned

"The lawsuit states that Nvidia misleadingly claimed to be “masters at managing [their] channel,” and falsely said that it would be able to monitor the crypto market"

Sounds like lies to me.

Too much optimism on the nvidia side:

According to the Complaint, the Company made false and misleading statements to the market.
NVIDIA touted its ability to monitor the cryptocurrency market and make rapid changes to its business as necessary.
The Company claimed to be “masters at managing our channel, and we understand the channel very well.”

NVIDIA also claimed to the market that any drop off in demand for its GPUs amongst cryptocurrency miners
would not negatively impact the Company’s business because of strong demand for GPUs from the gaming market.

Based on these facts, the Company’s public statements were false and materially misleading throughout the class period.
When the market learned the truth about NVIDIA, investors suffered damages.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-class-action-lawsuit-cryptocurrency-amd,38304.html

Soldato

Sounds like lies to me.

I think what he is saying is they never lied about there products. They mislead them about managing there stock towards the crypto market which ended up leaving Nvidia with loads of excess stock.

Permabanned
I think what he is saying is they never lied about there products. They mislead them about managing there stock towards the crypto market which ended up leaving Nvidia with loads of excess stock.

I think nvidia lied that the gaming market actually needs their GPUs :D

Soldato

Sounds like lies to me.

I'm not cheerleading for Nvidia here - goodness knows they've pulled some fast ones in their time. But I can't see how the above can be taken as misleading in that the statement would have to have some kind of actual meaning in the first place for them to misrepresent. I mean "masters at managing their channel" and "can monitor the crypto market"? This is nothing but buzz and hand-waving. Who would read the above as something concrete to base an investment on? Can you sue over that?

Soldato
I'm not cheerleading for Nvidia here - goodness knows they've pulled some fast ones in their time. But I can't see how the above can be taken as misleading in that the statement would have to have some kind of actual meaning in the first place for them to misrepresent. I mean "masters at managing their channel" and "can monitor the crypto market"? This is nothing but buzz and hand-waving. Who would read the above as something concrete to base an investment on? Can you sue over that?
You can sue over pretty much anything in America.

It's part of the reason we have the caution wording that coffee is hot on cups from places like McDonalds.

Soldato
You can sue over pretty much anything in America.

It's part of the reason we have the caution wording that coffee is hot on cups from places like McDonalds.

She sued for her medical bills after McD continually ignored warnings that their coffee was too hot.

The lid came off in her lap and caused her to need a decent amount of plastic surgery.

It shortened her life.

Back
Top Bottom