Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
None at the moment,wanted some info before I ordered any,the car is old so as long as I can get rid of a few scratches I'll be happy,in the future I'll use autoglym for most things car related.

get a tub of g3 scratch remover paste/liquid which ever is in stock on halfords

clean it off with some degreaser etc

follow the instructions on the bottle/tub and you'll be able to polish out most of them by hand.

realistically if the scratch is to a point where you can feel it by dragging your finger nail over it then it's too deep to be polished out and is probably through clear coat and into paint or ever worse primer.

Soldato
Is it? I haven't picked mine up yet, if it's junk I'll leave it. What's so bad about it?
I wouldn't bother personally.
It doesn't do anything as a snow foam and it's arguable if it does anything when not used as snow foam. When i tried it it produced little foam and ran straight off the car.
Im sure i even tried it as 50:50 diluted to water in my snow foam bottle and even that was far from good.

Are you after snow foam or an actual pressure washer wash... if you know what I mean.

Soldato
anyone ever tried sonax net polymer shield? I've been using it for a while on and off between other products and it's very good for the money! super easy to apply too and adds a good amount of glossyness to the paint.

Have a can but it's been sitting in the garage for an age. I general just use BSD as a drying aid with each wash and it does pretty well. About 3l of that one left :D

I'll be looking out the PNS later this month to get on the new steed when we collect her, but I'm expecting to have to do some proper correction on a (new to me) hard paint that looked like it needed some tlc the multiple times we saw it at the dealership.

Looking to get a DA polisher and it seems there's a good deal on a powerful Chinese one, which looks identical to the ones branded up by individual UK detailing sites ;)

Going to give that a go with an Spta blue cutting pad (recommended on forensic detailing) and some S20 black. If that doesn't cut enough then I'll get some of the super cutty Scholl compound (S3?).

Associate
Ooooh, lots to look at :)
I think I have some of the Kent ones, and they didn't feel really "soft" to me. I already have the CYC Drying Towel...it's pretty good, and does feel a bit softer, but sometimes I still wonder if it's a bit coarse. The Eurow ones look like more like what I'm after.

Ideally what I'd like to do is get a couple of good quality soft towels for buffing and drying bodywork, then I'll retire all the current clothes I've got for interior cleaning, or wheel cleaning or something.

For drying I use:

https://cleanyourride.co.uk/products/klin-korea-large-duo-drying-towel

And for buffing, etc:

https://cleanyourride.co.uk/products/klin-korea-plush-plus-twin-pack

Both are really good products and it's easily the best drying towel I have used after it replaced my Purple Monster!

Soldato
Yeah, AutoFoam. Arguably works better in a pump sprayer though - much easier to get to the 4% dilution that way.

Can also used Power Maxed Traffic Film Remover diluted 1:10. Again, a sprayer is better than snow foam lance though.

Soldato
Yeah, AutoFoam. Arguably works better in a pump sprayer though - much easier to get to the 4% dilution that way.

Can also used Power Maxed Traffic Film Remover diluted 1:10. Again, a sprayer is better than snow foam lance though.

Interesting thanks, Ive literally just ordered a snow foam lance! Is it worth sending it back in that case? When you say pump sprayer do you just mean one of these?

Sgarrista
Commissario
Is it? I haven't picked mine up yet, if it's junk I'll leave it. What's so bad about it?

Some just simply dont work, ive tried probably 30+ different foams.

Imho the only ones that shift a significant amount of dirt and dwell for a decent time are:

Autobrite magifoam
Sams active snow foam
Auto finesse avalanche

In that order.

I know people love bilt hamber auto foam, but frankly its more of a TFR with bubbles than a snow foam imho.

Soldato
Interesting thanks, I've literally just ordered a snow foam lance! Is it worth sending it back in that case? When you say pump sprayer do you just mean one of these?

Depends, I used to use snow foam an awful lot (and some people like the foamy nature of it blanketing cars for Insta etc...) but since trying Auto Foam and TFRs I've found my lance just sits there unused. Auto Foam itself arguably works better through the pump sprayer like the one you linked, and TFRs definitely do too. Auto Foam tends to work better through the sprayer as it has a very specific concentration at which its formulation works well. Deviating from that concentrate (4%) often results in much poorer performance.

RE sprayers, the cheap 2L hand ones also work very well and should provide plenty solution to get round the car. Something like this. If you do go for the larger ones such as you linked be sure to get a good quality one that is chemically resistant or you'll find that having left-over solution in there starts to damage the seals.

On the topic of TFR v snow foam, I've found TFR to be much more effective at shifting dirt. At the correct dilution ratios I also don't think it has a significantly greater impact on your LSP.

Soldato
I didn't think it was worth a new thread.

Gummi Pflege seems to be made by all sorts of manufacturers. Are they all the same or am I best sticking to someone like Nextzett formerly Einszett?

Soldato
Just washed my sons Honda Jazz, it's actually changed colour! I'm sure it will be filthy again by tomorrow evening, it's a bit depressing cleaning cars in this weather with all the crap on the roads.
I can't really be bothered to clean mine.

Soldato
Gummi pfledge is just "rubber sealant/treatment" I've got sonax rubber care and it works well.
disagree ... I had the original bm stuff and moved to einzett ... complete thread just a while back...
The Sonax offering contains silicone, whereas the Einszett product is silicone free.
The problem with silicone is if it gets on windows it will smear and difficult to remove. Plus it tends to attract grit, which can wear or damage the rubber seals.
.. silicone is the devils work

edit: maybe sonax have multiple versions
https://www.autogeek.net/wurth-rubber-care.html

edit2... utube turned up zilch .. don't take this noob's advice
Caring for Rubber Trim: Gummi Pflege vs Silicone Remover

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom