Brexit the Movie!

Soldato
wonder if the BBC had an opportunity to finance and produce this ... but decided not to because it would not be PC with their remit,
they successfully/justifiably villify facebook say, but are reticent to do so with politicians.

edit : Arnucci should hsave directed it with a cameo by capaldi

edit2: the americans will love this ... was reading how 'the crown' was a big success in india good nostalgic p/a.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed - his portrayal of Julyan Assange / 5th estate was excellent (otherwise never seen his bbc dramas he got his name from?)

Soldato
Well, it's not a film for Leavers :D

It was entertaining and even though shouldn't be taken on face value, it does indicate what a farce the referendum was in the first place.

I was reading an article about it that recommended this speech by Cummings, which explains why they won, straight from the horses mouth (I've not watched it yet)

Soldato
I wonder if profits from the film should pay off vote leave electoral fines.

I am surprised the brexiteers are not bouycotting/protesting below folks -
why do the banks thing they can conjour this cuddly image, as lloyds and barclays are also attempting
46640926412_b2a467d5d6_o_d.jpg

Soldato
I am surprised the brexiteers are not boycotting/protesting below folks - why do the banks think they can conjurer this cuddly image, as lloyds and barclays are also attempting

Why would they protest when the advert could be taken so many different ways?

1. Pro-Leave - The "we" could mean all the different folks of the UK - remainers and leavers combined - so the advert could be saying that remainers trying to reverse democracy is a bad thing thing and therefore as a country "we" need to stand together, to put aside differences that threaten the country and that if we should we all stand together, the future will be bright for the UK.

2. Pro-Remain - The "we" could mean all the different folks of the EU - regardless of their country of origin - so the advert could be saying that the UK leaving the EU is a bad thing thing and therefore the EU and the UK need to stand together again, to put aside differences that threaten that bond and that if we should we all stand together the future will be bright for the EU and the UK.

3. Pro-Banks - The "we" could mean the banks and the people - regardless of their wealth - so the advert could be saying that if both the customers and HSBC stand together the future will be bright for both.

...................etc etc.

Soldato
I guess we will not see international viewing figures or money made ... could it be as popular as the crown ?
fortunately Boris has some international notoriety/infamy .. like the royal family .

.. so will there be a usa movie on their election ... or is that too close to the bone
https://deadline.com/2018/04/russia...ection-michael-isikoff-david-corn-1202358615/ ?
otherwise just documentaries ... no information on trump casting .... Charlie Sheen ?

Back
Top Bottom