2.0L 4-pot to 5.0L V8

Soldato
I think I might be having an early midlife crisis. Our first child is barely 6 months old and I just agreed to part-ex this:

8D6csPJ.jpg

for this:

h01EYdU.jpg

It's a MY18 Mustang GT 10 speed auto with magneride and custom pack 2 (Nav/climate seats). I think this is the most excited I've been about getting a car since my first car! I've loved the Mustang ever since I drove the previous generation on a USA road trip, but I lay the blame firmly at the new Grand Tour season :D

There is some logic. I've always had the main family car and my wife the run-around, however we swapped her mini for an XC60 which is now the family car.

I'll be using it a lot in the week for work so will be doing circa 20k miles per year in it!

Last edited:
Soldato
if you can fit car seats in porsches, lambos, 2 seater merc amg models, R8, ferrari and the like then you shouldnt have a problem with the car seat in that one, just squeeze the wife in the back or leave her at home ha ha.

very nice car all the same despite it not the classic models.

Soldato
OP
Thanks everyone. At least I'll finally have something worthwhile to bring to the next motors meet!

Was researching into the active exhaust last night after reading your post Gibbo. Think it was in standard when I test drove it so can't wait to try it in track mode.

The car seat fits, just means moving the passenger seat forward. Fortunately my wife is fairly short!

The plan currently is to keep it standard other than maybe some minor cosmetic changes. Watch this space!

You're more than welcome to a shotgun ride Raymond Lin :D

Not got any interior pics currently, I was that excited I almost forgot external pics!! Picking it up on Thursday and will post better pics as soon as I have it.

I feel like a big kid :D

Soldato
Mustangs must have roomy back seats, my son’s rear facing seat takes up all of the space in the back of my CLS. I had to tilt my seat up almost to the point where it’s uncomfortable.

Good luck getting a kid in the back when they’re in a fixed rear facing seat :D

It is very nice though

Soldato
Congrats, you are going to love it.

Same spec as my wife's car other than body paint and stripes.

In regards to your cosmetic changes I can see the side '5.0' badges are missing did you get those removed? Also if you are considering replacing the front emblem with a black version its MUCH easier to re-spray the current one in place. 2015-17 model had a gap that allowed you to unclip it from behind, for the 2018 you have to take the whole front end of the car off.

dechrome.jpg

They’re growing on me. Got any interior pics?
FYI...

MY18 Mustang GT Ruby Red 07
by Andy Baker, on Flickr

MY18 Mustang GT Ruby Red 08
by Andy Baker, on Flickr

Internet cookie for anyone that can spot the issue in the above interior pics, you would need to seriously know your Mustangs to notice.

Back
Top Bottom