2.0L 4-pot to 5.0L V8

OcUK Staff
Do love the sound of these as they rumble past whenever I see them, good that it's been relatively cost free and the depreciation isn't too much to stomach!

Yep the MY18 onwards sound so much better, guy who lives opposite my Mum has an MY18 orange one and the stock exhaust burble is simply glorious, was one of the best improvements the facelift made was the valved exhaust and magneride suspension. :)

Soldato
For a stock exhaust they sound great, even without the active exhaust.

Just got in from driving mine to a customer and it makes me smile every time. Acceleration peaked at 1.45G too which I found impressive.

Caporegime
Do not drive aggressively in full auto, I REPEAT, do not drive it hard in full auto, if will send you backwards in a hedge. Keep it on the paddles and ideally in sport/track mode so your in full control, even the upshifts on the 10-speed can un-balance the car as it shifts rather firmly at full chat, so again keep it in gear throughout the corner, I know a few people who have being caught out with them.

Its not a 4 pot twist and **** engine, its a V8 with a huge amount of torque in comparison and it can very quickly break traction.
There was a 5.0 backwards in a ditch this morning on the A45 near Brackmills, Northampton, judging by the skid marks he’d ran out of talent joining the dual carriageway, probably by doing just what you advise against!

Man of Honour
Yeah I "only" get 30MPG with my V6 by driving with some thought to fuel economy.

There was a 5.0 backwards in a ditch this morning on the A45 near Brackmills, Northampton, judging by the skid marks he’d ran out of talent joining the dual carriageway, probably by doing just what you advise against!

One of the things that impresses me with my truck is just how well the electronics keep it inline for a RWD vehicle with a lot of torque albeit probably should be the case as they borrowed heavily from the 370Z in development of it and possibly have a bit of R&D from other Nissan performance cars in there. But that is no V8 Mustang.

Soldato
It does deserve respect, but it isn't as bad as everyone makes out with TC on and good tires.
The wife's one has Michelin Pilot Sport 4S fitted which are meant to be much better than the Pirelli's on the 2015/17 however it is very easy to get the back out at pretty much every junction. As you say you just need to show it some respect and not be lead footed 24/7.

Soldato
You can bin a sporty RWD car with TC on if you go to crazy. They will allow some sliding before they kick in and it might not straighten up in the right direction :p

Caporegime
Hopefully I'm getting mine next week, not sure learning how the Mustang handles in winter is going to be good for my health :eek:

To be fair they are, as has been said, not as bad as people make out unless you are a complete lead foot. They are fairly communicative standard, and if you do a few very simple and extremely cost effective mods, such as rear cradle Lockout Kit kit and front sub frame 'K' brace, and differential bushing insert swap out, then it really does make a huge difference to the handling and makes it into a very easy to control car that lets you know exactly what is happening and is very easy to balance and control at extremes.

Soldato
In fairness when I test drove it the handling was much better than I'd been led to believe. But that's not quite the same as driving it day in day out.

Plus I'm currently stuck in an awful performance Kia Sportage which drinks diesel (my old car went back pre-Christmas). There may be a performance shock coming to my system.

Back
Top Bottom