• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia stock tumbles

Associate
As a 2080ti owner there might be a decent case here for a class action lawsuit due to misleading consumers and an intent to deceive.

I paid for a card with touted next generation capabilities which "just work." So far, there's a sub par implementation of RTX in one game. The game they often demo'd "Shadow of the Tomb Raider" for months still has no patch!

DLSS is another case "where is it?" What are the different implementation types and so on. BF V was demo'd with DLSS but where's the consumer version?

As consumers, we are stuck footing the bill for dedicated hardware that we have no use for considering it was presented as the main reason to buy. Infact, the entire branding was changed to reflect this advancement in technology that was the main reason to buy.

If there's a lawyer on here that deals with similar cases, would love for you to opine on this.

Permabanned
As a 2080ti owner there might be a decent case here for a class action lawsuit due to misleading consumers and an intent to deceive.

I paid for a card with touted next generation capabilities which "just work." So far, there's a sub par implementation of RTX in one game. The game they often demo'd "Shadow of the Tomb Raider" for months still has no patch!

DLSS is another case "where is it?" What are the different implementation types and so on. BF V was demo'd with DLSS but where's the consumer version?

As consumers, we are stuck footing the bill for dedicated hardware that we have no use for considering it was presented as the main reason to buy. Infact, the entire branding was changed to reflect this advancement in technology that was the main reason to buy.

If there's a lawyer on here that deals with similar cases, would love for you to opine on this.

Well, there is a big class-action in preparation: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/nvidia-stock-getting-slaughtered.18837808/page-4

https://schallfirm.com/cases/nvidia-corporation/

They work with investors but maybe you can try at least asking them at

Permabanned
Now the words of their CEO about next-gen GPUs not coming for a 'long time', begin to make sense. 2020 is very long time, indeed, while the RTX can be considered a missing generation.

Associate
I decided to keep my money this time round, it is burning a hole in my spare cash account i have not decided what to do with it, but one things for sure i can not be taken a mug by nvidia, and im sure there are many others like me. Maybe ill treat myself to new moonitors instead or go on holiday.

Soldato
To be fair to Nvidia..I think they were pretty transparent about it all. Performance perhaps not, but you can't bust them for that, they didn't say it would be good or bad...they just said nothing.

It was clear to all that this was all new hardware delivering a new way to light up pixels on your screen. A complete change in architecture...who would expect it to be great and give you the FPS and be fully adopted in loads of games? Nvidia build hardware not the games.

I personally expected what we got, and was never given the impression of anything else...

Which is why I bought a 1080ti instead.

Soldato
Poor RTX sales?

The company suggested that management of the excess inventory due to the cryptocurrency boom went as expected, but that sales of "certain high-end GPUs using Nvidia's new Turing architecture" didn't meet expectations because some customers are "waiting for lower price points and further demonstrations of RTX technology in actual games."

Really? LOL You think customers are happy just paying 1k on GPUs to last a couple months before the next line up comes along.

Dam sure they want lower pricing.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-results-q4-2019-guidance-revision,38509.html

Caporegime
Poor RTX sales?

The company suggested that management of the excess inventory due to the cryptocurrency boom went as expected, but that sales of "certain high-end GPUs using Nvidia's new Turing architecture" didn't meet expectations because some customers are "waiting for lower price points and further demonstrations of RTX technology in actual games."

Really? LOL You think customers are happy just paying 1k on GPUs to last a couple months before the next line up comes along.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-results-q4-2019-guidance-revision,38509.html

It's a big shock apparently that not many are willing to pay over a grand for a 30% or so speed bump. At least to Nvidia, meanwhile the rest of planet earth points and laughs.

Caporegime
Not likely to see price cuts as the Turing chips are expensive to make.

Hopefully on the 7nm node future NVidia cards will be cheaper.

This is the exact opposite if reality .

7nm dies are around 4-6x as expense e to produce as 16/12nm. This is why Turing is on 12nm and not 7nm.

Soldato
Poor RTX sales?

People didn't buy the "it just works" marketing strategy. Partly because it DIDN'T just work :D

Back
Top Bottom