Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
I was trying to understand the price of the egg. Seems I was being very simple. The whole setup was the cost.

sorry! :p

I wanted to get chickens when we moved out of London but the cats would have a field day.

Soldato
Bought a chicken house, load of paving slabs, gravel and a plastic mini shed thing (plus a load of other paraphernalia) - Did the ground work to flatten and set it all up.

Got two bluebells (Nugget and Goujon) from a friend in the village.

Put feed in one end and egg comes out the other.

Make sure you've got a complex lock/latch on that run/house/enclosure.

Reminded me of when I was a kid we had a rabbit which lived outside in a standard rabbit hutch with the wooden twist toggles to close the doors.

Come outside one morning to find a fox had worked out how to twist the latch, open the door, and massacre poor Smudge :(

Soldato
I wanted to get chickens when we moved out of London but the cats would have a field day.

In my experience Cats are all talk and gung-ho until they meet the business end of an adult chicken, then they're pussy's. A chickens a lot bigger than a mouse and when they squawk and flap it takes a proper Tom Cat, house moggies need not apply.

Man of Honour
Make sure you've got a complex lock/latch on that run/house/enclosure.

its just a twist holder at the moment but at waste height so think we'll be ok & the coop is so high off the ground with an auto lock...

Fantastic stuff. I'd love some chucks but think the foxes that live in my garden would put them off laying :rolleyes:

I may still get some bees though...

Sure we'll have some foxes in the fields around the house (you can see behind the runs) but they've been free range locally and not had a problem. Currently laying about 1 a day between the pair of them but its very early in the season for them.
Bees are great, even if they seem to like stinging me, we have two hives and give the amount of activity today both have survived the winter really well :D

apparently they get along pretty well in general, unless your cats are bringing back full sized pheasants or the like you should be fine! (unless you get little bantams i guess)

Soldato
However, I've found the best feature by a long, long way, is the TwinDOS auto-dispensing of detergent like you allude to at the end. It's such an amazing feature that I don't think I could go back to having to measure out detergent and adding it for every wash again. :D

How many washes does it manage before you need to top it up?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Wired in my recently acquired internet.

6LsDW33.png

61656098.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
£48/month according to this: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/web-shop/broadband/deals/gigafast

Who is this available for? I can get FTTP through BT but I can't get this. I take it they don't use the openreach FTTP network?

All I know is the City Fibre dug up all the paths around here to run new cables. When Vodafone installed my line they ran a line under my drive to my house and drilled a hole for a new plate.

Vodafone have the exclusivity on this apparently.

Caporegime
Be much easier to throw em in the bin in a year or two when they are all together like that

Yep. I have no idea how thse things have become so popular but their marketing department are amazeballs. It's a plastic doll with no moving parts, no sounds, nothing other than a big head. If I was a kid and someone gave me one you can bet your bottom dollar it'd be at the bottom of my toy chest.

Makes zero sense :confused:

Back
Top Bottom