Idiot girl who fled to Syria wants to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47229181

One of three schoolgirls who left east London in 2015 to join the Islamic State group says she has no regrets, but wants to return to the UK.

In an interview with the Times, Shamima Begum, now 19, talked about seeing "beheaded heads" in bins - but said that it "did not faze her".

Speaking from a camp in Syria, she said she was nine months pregnant and wanted to come home for the sake of her baby.

She said she'd had two other babies who had both died.

Bethnal Green Academy pupils Ms Begum and Amira Abase, were both 15, while Kadiza Sultana was 16, when they left the UK in February 2015.

They flew from Gatwick Airport to Turkey after telling their parents they were going out for the day. They later entered Syria.

Ms Begum said she had escaped from Baghuz - the group's last territory in eastern Syria - and is now one of 39,000 people in a camp in northern Syria.

Asked by Times journalist Anthony Loyd whether her experiences of living in the one-time IS stronghold of Raqqa had lived up to her aspirations, Ms Begum said: "Yes it did. It was like a normal life. The life that they show on the propaganda videos - it's a normal life.

"Every now and then there are bombs and stuff. But other than that..."

She added: "I don't regret it."

But Ms Begum said the "oppression" had come as a "shock" and said she felt the IS "caliphate" was at an end.

"I don't have high hopes. They are just getting smaller and smaller," she said. "And there is so much oppression and corruption going on that I don't really think they deserve victory."

She appeared to confirm reports she had married while in Syria, and referred to her husband having been held in a prison where men were tortured.

A lawyer for the family of Kadiza Sultana said in 2016 that she was believed to have been killed in a Russian air strike.

Ms Begum told the Times her friend had died in a bombing on a house where there was "some secret stuff going on" underground.

She added: "I never thought it would happen. At first I was in denial. Because I always thought if we got killed, we'd get killed together."

'Scared this baby is going to get sick'
Ms Begum said losing two children "came as a shock. It just came out of nowhere, it was so hard".

As a result she was "really overprotective" of her unborn child.

"I'm scared that this baby is going to get sick in this camp," she said. "That's why I really want to get back to Britain because I know it will be taken care of - health-wise, at least."

She said she should be giving birth "any day now".

"When I first came here [to the camp] the coach ride was really horrible and was really hot and stuff so I thought my contractions had started and I was bleeding so they took me to the hospital. I was in the hospital for five days, then they brought me back."

She can rot out there as far as I'm concerned. Even if she was a naive little schoolgirl. So blizzare that she now wants to use the NHS to ensure she has a healthy baby. I wouldn't have a problem if the baby was allowed home (without mum) to be put in an adoption program though, it's not it's fault the mother is a ****.

Soldato
Tend to agree. Play silly games, win silly prizes. Don't turn your back on your home country to ingratiate yourself with a barbaric culture then expect to come back when it no longer suits you.

Caporegime
Speaking from a camp in Syria, she said she was nine months pregnant and wanted to come home for the sake of her baby.

She said she'd had two other babies who had both died.

kEhSaGk.jpg

Soldato
Get her a nice orange jumpsuit, I hear the bay is nice this time of year.

No but seriously, let her rot over there, you made you bed now lay in it.

Soldato
The government need to pull her passport otherwise she’ll be back here spreading the same carp she fell for before leaving to join those animals.

She shows no remorse in that interview, clearly wishes that the caliphate succeeded.

Soldato
She was 15, probably experienced some form of racism whilst in the UK, it can be very easy to be drawn to an ideal. It didn't match up to the reality.

And there is so much oppression and corruption going on that I don't really think they deserve victory

Maybe compassion would be for the best.

Show the world why Great Britain is still one of the best countries in the world to live in..

Man of Honour
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47229181

She can rot out there as far as I'm concerned. Even if she was a naive little schoolgirl. So blizzare that she now wants to use the NHS to ensure she has a healthy baby. I wouldn't have a problem if the baby was allowed home (without mum) to be put in an adoption program though, it's not it's fault the mother is a ****.

My interpretation is that she has decided that now that IS has lost control of a lot of land she can do more harm to the UK from within it than from outside it. She's clearly still an enemy of civilisation and still intends to destroy it. She's A-OK with torture, killing anyone who isn't completely obedient, bins full of severed heads, all that sort of thing. Her only regret is that there isn't more of it. I'd prefer her to be killed than allowed back here. That would be less harmful to humanity.

Caporegime
What about the previous 15 years?

She was raised in a muslim family, presumably a fairly conservative one given her views. That is bound to mess with someone's head. If she's just moved over there to live and hasn't taken part in anything then I'm not sure that the home office would have grounds to cancel her citizenship/passport etc... I do think the kid needs to be taken into care though and put up for adoption if she comes back with it.

Man of Honour
I've got very mixed feelings about this. My gut instinct is to say leave her there but offer to take the baby back to the UK. She made her bed and it's time to lay in it. But she was a child herself when she made the decision, and presumably influenced, so I do feel compassion for her and part of me wants to say we should offer to bring her back. If she were showing genuine regret then I would say that.

Unfortunately she is showing no regret at all. She is an adult now and responsible for her actions at this point. She is a threat to the UK and can't simply be accepted back here to live a free life again. I think we do need to show some compassion because she was a child when she made the earlier decision. So after some consideration I think we should offer to take the child back, but only to take her back if she is prosecuted for terrorism or treason (does that exist now?) and therefore serves a very lengthy sentence in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom