• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia RTX 5 months on-a win or fail?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
*shrugs*

2 years AFTER the 1080ti was released and it costs the same as that did 2 years ago.

What is the point in it?
Yeah. Sad really. Hopefully they get their act together with 7nm and actually improve on price for performance. The 3080Ti needs to be priced at £699. The clown edition at least. ASUS et al can charge £1000+ if they want and if people want to pay that that is up to them, but others should have a choice.

Associate
Yeah. Sad really. Hopefully they get their act together with 7nm and actually improve on price for performance. The 3080Ti needs to be priced at £699. The clown edition at least. ASUS et al can charge £1000+ if they want and if people want to pay that that is up to them, but others should have a choice.

There is no way Nvidia is going to decrease the price of the next gen cards, they will always rise as they have set the benchmark now, what they didn't count on was people not buying into RTX based on price and features that have proven to be not so good DLSS & RT the 1080ti was most likely the best buy of the last few years!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
There is no way Nvidia is going to decrease the price of the next gen cards, they will always rise as they have set the benchmark now, what they didn't count on was people not buying into RTX based on price and features that have proven to be not so good DLSS & RT the 1080ti was most likely the best buy of the last few years!
I doubt it. People have always said this every gen and has actually never been the case until Turing. Sure they may not lower the price by much or at all, but to say they will always rise? Nah...

They will just push people towards consoles if the price goes up or what will happen is, those who upgraded every gen will upgrade every other gen so they will leave money on the table and lose out like that. Then on top of that they will have even more negative press and meme’s online.

Titan and xx80Ti price and business model worked perfectly, they should just go back to that.

Last edited:
Associate
I just noticed they now have the RTX2080ti for up to £1,700 and £2,000, Asus & lightening respectively. Lost the will to live in expecting a turn around with the ludicrous prices, their getting worse. In what world is pretty much the exact same product that can cost £1,050 (already stupid price tag) charging £700-900 more for more or less the same dam thing! A premium price yes but how much more??? Preying on the mentally vulnerable people. Should be some back ground checks before any of these can be sold legally.

Bring out the new consoles already with better mouse & keyboard support so i can enjoy my fps & give us this ridiculous milking market

P.S. And clearly i think its a fail. Just like AMD effort. Both terrible. WTF happened to the pricing structure.

Caporegime
I doubt it. People have always said this every gen and has actually never been the case until Turing. Sure they may not lower the price by much or at all, but to say they will always rise? Nah...

They will just push people towards consoles if the price goes up or what will happen is, those who upgraded every gen will upgrade every other gen so they will leave money on the table and lose out like that. Then on top of that they will have even more negative press and meme’s online.

Titan and xx80Ti price and business model worked perfectly, they should just go back to that.
Agreed T. I would hate nothing more than to be a console only gamer but if prices stay like this, PS5 coming my way! several years of gaming without needing an upgrade and hopefully mouse and KB gaming on it also.

Caporegime
Agreed T. I would hate nothing more than to be a console only gamer but if prices stay like this, PS5 coming my way! several years of gaming without needing an upgrade and hopefully mouse and KB gaming on it also.

Already did so at the end of last year. bought an Xbox ONE X with a few games and accessories for £300 due to an AMEX offer on the Microsoft store.

If Nvidia want £1000 for their top/Ti card and even £800 for their mid to high XX80 card they honestly can shove it up their backside.

Never thought i would go over to consoles either, but when there is no price/performance improvement for 2 + years then GPU's/upgrading makes little sense.

Hopefully things get a little more sensible and we start getting more normal GPU prices.

The 1660Ti that is coming out for $279usd looks slightly more promising from this viewpoint.

Associate
It's funny to me how I can show you who actually did the work (and how far back) but you still harp on about Nvidia. Not only that but also mind-reading what AMD was thinking at the time.

I will reiterate the facts. Nvidia is not responsible for adaptive sync's development. It has existed since 2008 as part of eDP, work done by VESA. Async has also been an optional part of DP1.2a, which predates Gsync Monitors (but not the Gsync module). Furthermore, VRR has been a thing since the CRT days of yore. The only innovation in relation to Async that Nvidia has managed is how to upsell, something which I have to say they are masters at.

So what leg work did Nvidia do exactly to enable Adaptive Sync, considering one required a proprietary hardware module, while the other was a free standard? And furthemore, at what point are you going to be thanking AMD that you don't have to pay $200+ on your monitor to enjoy the benefits of this technologies?

latest
You can keep shouting into the wind about how the things in your head are the one and only true fact, or post tedious image memes as you have no actual rebuttal. But we have what we have. Which is Nvidia developed the required technology to bring adaptive synchronisation to market, well before AMD decided to get in on the game, and with a better technical solution to the bodged in eDP tech. Nobody was making any noise about a desktop solution until Gsync. Would AMD have released AS when they did without Nvidia forcing the market in that direction? I doubt it.

Associate
Thank you for acknowledging Nvidia didn't come up with Adaptive Sync. Hopefully Nvidia will actually develop such innovations themselves one day.
No, they came up with Gsync, which then gave the inspiration for Adaptive Sync on the desktop. Nobody is arguing that eDP did not support a simplistic method of changing the refresh rate in realtime, but as it stood, that required effort to bring to the desktop in a format that could work in the manner we now have. There was absolutely no noise about expanding it into the desktop space until well after Nvidia gave the first Gsync demonstrations.

One word of advice, try to leave out the childish comments if you reply, it does nothing to help your case.

Back
Top Bottom