• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia RTX 5 months on-a win or fail?

Soldato
Now that AMD have shown their hand with RVII, the landscapes changed a bit.

There's been a lot of negativity since launch on RTX, not just from forum users/reviewers and people that bought it, but from the PC community by large, has this enforced/changed your opinion on purchasing into RTX?

Personally, very disappointed in RTX especially as NV GFE recommended settings disables RTX@1440p on my 2070, title support is a joke taking into account the sometimes huge double increase in cost, considering we are 5 months in, ~£500 for a few reflective puddles in one title at low fps-again, is a joke.

DLSS is AWOL and the 14+??? RTX game support claim has obviously just been a big fat lie from Nv in attempt to push more sales-'It just works'?

Obviously it doesn't.

Unless Nv start financing devs to implement features, by the lack of them Nv isn't bankrolling their tech into games which is disappointing to say the least as I thought the price increase was in part to finance RTX features.

Price is still insane in my opinion but if I was after a new GPU, would I recommend a 2080 over a VII or a 2070 over V56?

Probably not, I'd say buy neither and get a normal priced gpu instead and save hundreds.

Anyone else sitting with RTX unhappy with RT/DLSS support or quite content with RTX buy in?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Imo RTX resembles DX12/Vulkan in terms of coding, promising? results but no one can be arsed with the hassle.:(
Do you, as I, believe that RTX tech will save you devs so much work farther along and look absolutely spanking?

Cloud Imperium's Ben Parry said:
Not in the slightest. I expect, if we use it, it'll be a massive headache and time-sink but might give us some subtle improvements in looks or performance if we get it right.

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50259/thread/rtx

Star Citizen and RTX?

https://bitorok.com/2019/02/04/star-citizen-and-rtx/

Soldato
OP
I'm honestly sick and tired of it, every high end GPU release it's thRetailers are practicing salivating when it comes to GPU launches as they know they can tack on whatever they want and some mug will pay it.

About 100 grands worth of sales in the ti owners thread, plenty people that money is of no concern, that's why they do it, it'll only get worse before it gets better if indeed it ever does.

However drip feeding isn't lack of stock, it's strategy to keep the pricing structure sky high.

Honestly hope the bubble bursts and the next console anhialates PC pricing-I really do.

Soldato
OP
Those 2 lightning cards are gone as well, £2k a pop for a card in stock elsewhere for £400 cheaper.
Wonder how much ocuk have made in pure profit from rtx sales, bound to be a large chunk of change considering they were hiking prices from day 1.

Well I bought my Zotac 1070 Extreme about 2 weeks after launch, it cost £409 from a competitor, here it was something like £580, and gibbo kept blaming the dollar, so why did the competitors price only fluctuate +-~£20 when Ocuk kept them constant at ~£580?

Because OcUK has no conscience on ripping of their customers, it's a far far cry from their 'customer is king' catchprase from a few years back!:o

Soldato
OP
Well I have seen one developer hint at something very special when all the buzz was DXR within RTX and now a second suggest that DXR done through compute should be doable on next gen consoles. perhaps this was Nvidia's last bubble?

I seen that on eurogamer a game dev hinting that the next consoles could possibly do raytracing. Be interesting to see how that pans out. Colour me very skeptical.

Metro dev said RT works on any DX12 capable hardware(obviously higher end), it can be done through compute.

So if the proposed PS5 specs are anywhere near close, I'd be very surprised if it cant deliver a greater gaming experience for £600 total outlay over a 2060 that can only deliver low RTX@1080p

Back
Top Bottom