scooter petition

Soldato
Yeah, never understood why things like the Segway are banned over here, but seem to function perfectly fine in countries where they're allowed. In California for example you don't even need a licence to operate one and they're allowed on the roads.

Caporegime
too many ****wits on two wheels driving between lanes as it is, last thing i'm going to do is support clogging roads up w/ more of them.

You think electic mopeds will clog up the road? Methinks it would have the opposite effect. Plus they don't stink and make horrendous buzzing noises like petrol mopeds.

Soldato
Some are and I don't think they are banned or registered etc. Not all scooters are powered either.
Andi.

For electric bikes,
If it is an "electrically assisted" bicycle (eg the motor only works whilst you are pedaling) then it's not a vehicle and can be used on road like a normal bicycle.
If it is an "electrically powered" bicycle (eg it has a motorcycle-style throttle which can power it without pedaling) then it's a vehicle and needs registration, insurance, etc

Soldato
Are PLEV's different to mobility scooters?

It says PLEV's are currently banned from riding on the pavement or the road, but i've seen people on mobility scooters bombing around on both the pavement and the roads. :confused:

Commissario
Are PLEV's different to mobility scooters?

It says PLEV's are currently banned from riding on the pavement or the road, but i've seen people on mobility scooters bombing around on both the pavement and the roads. :confused:
Mobility scooters are quite well regulated and have to be made to certain specifications.

IIRC they're officially in their own class of motor vehicles, I can't remember the exact details but they're hard limited to 4mph for the models that are allowed on the pavement (I think that's class 3) and 8mph for road ones, and have to have certain things like reflectors and lights. You also need to fit one of a limited number of groups to be able to use them legally (disabled/mobiltiy problems), and you can get charged with things like drink driving using them ;) (I vaguely remember a guy who was banned from driving for drunk driving getting caught on one and getting done again;)).

Back
Top Bottom