• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
My MSI Vega 56 did the exact same thing, but after a reboot it was fine. Nearly gave me a heart attack at the time!

Is it normal for core clock to move around slightly? I'm folding I get like 1609mhz but in gaming it hovers around 1590mhz.

Also I set p6 as minimum. Is that a bad idea?

Associate
For those of you that are interested, i've just installed my MSI Vega 56 Air Boost and GPU-Z is telling me it has Samsung memory.

Nice upgrade from my rx 480 4gb and not as loud as i was fearing. Very happy so far.

Associate
For those of you that are interested, i've just installed my MSI Vega 56 Air Boost and GPU-Z is telling me it has Samsung memory.

Nice upgrade from my rx 480 4gb and not as loud as i was fearing. Very happy so far.

Gz mate. My pulse came with Samsung too. Only overclock to 950mhz stock bios but it's running at 1600mhz core at 950-1000mv so I'm happy. Temps are great too only 60c max and uses like 150w

Associate
Definitely worth £30 more for the better cooler. I will never use a blower/reference card again after getting a reference 7950 because it was £20 cheaper than AIB.
You can mess about with fan profiles but it will still be audible, I like silent cards now. Pulse at 35% fan speed is silent and stays below 65-70c.

1500RPM is silent for you ? I can hear the Fans out of the case clearly.
Maybe its time for a silent Case now for me :p
My old MSI 970 was so quiet .. not half of the Fan Noise from the Sapphire ^^

Associate
1500RPM is silent for you ? I can hear the Fans out of the case clearly.
Maybe its time for a silent Case now for me :p
My old MSI 970 was so quiet .. not half of the Fan Noise from the Sapphire ^^

My old msi 970 gaming was stunning too. Put a waterblock on it. Stock boosted to 1672mhz but had nothing left even with a voltage increase. Real shame if that thing could have been voltage nodded it would have flown.

Soldato
My MSI Vega 56 did the exact same thing, but after a reboot it was fine. Nearly gave me a heart attack at the time!

Yeah me too, got a bit of time to run heaven and seems ok now still not had chance to play any games though

Why is it so hard to find heaven results for the pulse is heaven not used anymore?

Associate
my Nitro + limited edition came yesterday

in valley & heaven it scores much lower than my 1070 amp! extreme both at stock

but I must say the gaming experience is a funny one? the gameplay feels really fast i.e very little input lag all round better experience, is this due to it being hbm2 memory? or maybe because im actually using freesync for the first time?

my memory says micron? im trying to tweak it atm but it seems around 1600 is my limit on core and about 850 on mem

Caporegime
but I must say the gaming experience is a funny one? the gameplay feels really fast i.e very little input lag all round better experience, is this due to it being hbm2 memory? or maybe because im actually using freesync for the first time?

Must admit I've been finding mine quite slick, even though the fps aren't up there with my 2080Ti. Certainly not missing it.

Associate
my Nitro + limited edition came yesterday

in valley & heaven it scores much lower than my 1070 amp! extreme both at stock

my memory says micron? im trying to tweak it atm but it seems around 1600 is my limit on core and about 850 on mem

Download gpuz it will tell you what your memory is

Soldato
Associate
Does anyone know at what point you should stick under in terms of voltage for best effeciency/performance?

I'm currently at 1663mhz core at 1.013v and 160w you draw.

Just wondering if there's like a golden rule, stick under x.xxx voltage for best ratio?

Thanks

Soldato
So I just received my sapphire pulse and I am getting awful coil whine.

I’ve got an Antec Truepower 650W 80 plus Gold power supply - it must be the card right? I’m about to RMA it - you can hear it across the room

Associate
So I just received my sapphire pulse and I am getting awful coil whine.

I’ve got an Antec Truepower 650W 80 plus Gold power supply - it must be the card right? I’m about to RMA it - you can hear it across the room
Hmmm, could depend on the game and frames etc? Mine is fine running fallout 4, battlefront 2 etc. Ran an older game - dmc devil may cry and did notice bad whine. Capped the frames though and it went away.
Sometimes goes away over time as well

Soldato
Hmmm, could depend on the game and frames etc? Mine is fine running fallout 4, battlefront 2 etc. Ran an older game - dmc devil may cry and did notice bad whine. Capped the frames though and it went away.
Sometimes goes away over time as well

Funny you should say that as when I first powered the card up you could hear the coil whine on the other side of the house and for approximately two or three hours after this it was the same.

However it seems to have gotten a little bit less although when running certain games is still very loud. Perhaps I’ll give it 24 hours as I already have an RMA number and see how it goes ?

Soldato
Funny you should say that as when I first powered the card up you could hear the coil whine on the other side of the house and for approximately two or three hours after this it was the same.

However it seems to have gotten a little bit less although when running certain games is still very loud. Perhaps I’ll give it 24 hours as I already have an RMA number and see how it goes ?

Have you tried using Chill or FRTC to limit the frames to your monitor's max framerate?

Soldato
Nope is that independent software? Can’t help but feel I shouldn’t have to - it should work regardless!

It's part of the AMD driver package. Look at the control panel under gaming -> global settings.

It does "just work", but by default the card is set to generate maximum frames. That's either causing capacitors to vibrate on the card, or it's likely an interaction with your PSU. It will likely get better over time as things wear in, but it's probably caused by high power draw as your card generates hundreds or thousands of frames per second on static loading screens or benchmarks.

Enabling Chill or FRTC will lower power usage, heat, and fan noise, while still generating the frames your monitor can handle.

Back
Top Bottom