40 Pin IDE to 34 Pin floppy connector.

Associate
Is there a 40 Pin IDE to 34 Pin cable or adapter to enable me to use a 3.5 floppy drive on a 40 pin IDE socket?

I been looking everywhere for one of these and I just wanted to know if these exist, if not would it be simple to make one by cutting and joining a floppy cable to a IDE cable?

I'm building an MS-DOS PC and the board has no floppy connector only IDE.

Soldato
Is there a 40 Pin IDE to 34 Pin cable or adapter to enable me to use a 3.5 floppy drive on a 40 pin IDE socket?

I been looking everywhere for one of these and I just wanted to know if these exist, if not would it be simple to make one by cutting and joining a floppy cable to a IDE cable?

I'm building an MS-DOS PC and the board has no floppy connector only IDE.
Time for a different board if you want a floppy!

Caporegime
It's not possible even if you somehow butcher the cables together you'd just be connecting a floppy drive to an IDE controller which expects totally different signals.

I've heard of ISA floppy controllers but chances are if your motherboard is new enough to not have a floppy controller then it definitely won't have ISA slots.

Like alex2001 says if you want to use a floppy drive then your only real option is to buy a motherboard with a floppy controller.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the recommendation's I didn't pay anything for this old board it would probably be good for Win98 but I have plenty of machines that can do Windows 98. I'll look for another board with a floppy connector & something more suitable for an MS-DOS PC build.

Last edited:
Associate
Ohhh, i also thank for the answers here, because i want ide ports on my new pc but i only want to use the pci slot, so i searched, but find only a very expensive card that has what i need, it has 2x ide ports, 1x floppy slot, 1x io parallel port and also one for these old mouses on the io, but what i realy need is 1x ide slot 1x floppy and 1x parallel port thats all i need, but i didn't find any card :v
but thanks for the answers here that it is not possible to convert the floppy slot to the 40 pin ide port :D

Back
Top Bottom