AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
If I can get these to work as a mic in Bootcamp I'd be happy as punch but it seems as though they are hit and miss.

I'd get the wireless case so every night I could just plonk them onto my wireless charger and they would be fully charged for me the following day, happy days.

Soldato
£200 (£80 for the case alone) is laughable.

Especially without the design being updated (non-slippery surface, noise isolation etc).

What are Apple doing lately...! Surely the Galaxy buds are the obvious buy between the two now.

Soldato
Agree, if you have the V1s, I really don't see any point in upgrading. The wireless charging, last time I checked the V1s could do that until the case charge drained.
The wireless charging is for the case, I can see hey Siri being useful for changing playlist, making calls.

Plus my V1’s are almost 2 years old and the batteries are showing signs of age.

Soldato
Only bought my V1's in October so not really enough here to warrant a change for me. The wireless charging on the case is a nice feature but personally for me I see it as a 'nice to have rather' than a must at the moment. A better battery life is also a nice upgrade but for the way I use mine I've never had an issue with the battery running out.

Soldato
The wireless charging is for the case, I can see hey Siri being useful for changing playlist, making calls.

Plus my V1’s are almost 2 years old and the batteries are showing signs of age.
Yeah mine are knocking 2 years this month. Got a new case free from Apple a month or so ago but the actual earphones drain a bit quicker than they used to. They don't join as quick as they used to either. Sometimes I need to pop them back in their case

Caporegime
Only bought my V1's in October so not really enough here to warrant a change for me. The wireless charging on the case is a nice feature but personally for me I see it as a 'nice to have rather' than a must at the moment. A better battery life is also a nice upgrade but for the way I use mine I've never had an issue with the battery running out.

I added a wireless charging case to my V1, you just put a "sleve" on, it's like £15, instead of £70.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-C...173857&sr=8-13&keywords=AirPods+charging+case

Te9w52l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom