Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
Pat yourself on the back at the end of every journey safe in the knowledge that you are an awesome driver who owns the roads.

Dont forgot the additional pat on the back at being able to afford this machine which facilitates such great driving, whilst the plebs plod along in their Fiestas.

Soldato
Technically not purchased today, but fitted today... a new dual camera system on the bike.

Sszx8ihh.jpg

7Bbd8zfh.jpg

A better spot at the back than the last one (on the number plate). Initial quality of the footage looks... average. Only a quick loop round the garage area so far though.

Caporegime
0oUkAAK.jpg

First step into converting fully into smart lighting. Yes its expensive, even a rip off. But I have wanted this for a long time now. :)

Will eventually convert the whole apartment. This is enough for the living room and 2 bedrooms.

Caporegime
0oUkAAK.jpg

First step into converting fully into smart lighting. Yes its expensive, even a rip off. But I have wanted this for a long time now. :)

Will eventually convert the whole apartment. This is enough for the living room and 2 bedrooms.

Too dim for me. I like my rooms bright, like daylight. Hue just doesn't come close sadly. Also ridiculously overpriced as you say.

Soldato
Too dim for me. I like my rooms bright, like daylight. Hue just doesn't come close sadly. Also ridiculously overpriced as you say.

It's perfect for mood lighting in the evenings. I love them and it's transformed my space. Love the led strips. Plus it's great for remote control of lighting when you're not home.

Buy when it's on sale, which they are frequently.

Caporegime
For me I find bright lights at night too overbearing. Much prefer lamps. More soft and relaxing.

As said though, they're frequently on sale. The trick to it is combining items in a sale and then buying, saves a decent packet. Although it will likely cost me approx 600-700eur to kit out my apartment. The above is 300eur worth.

Caporegime
I don't really see the need for individuals controlled bulbs, I'd be happy enough with simply controlling groups of bulbs and having a dimmer function which I guess only requires smart switches.

The mood settings are potentially interesting though I guess.

Soldato
0oUkAAK.jpg

I like my Hue bulbs, not cheap, but they do last and they provide a useful utility function.

I prefer the white ambiance ones though as I can change the white temperature to my liking. I don't find the raw colours as useful.

For my hallways I use the hue motion sensors, it's a really good way to turn the hallway lights on.

For nice mood lighting lamps I like combining the E27 hue bulbs with the Ikea FADO lamp https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/lighting/table-lamps/fado-table-lamp-white-art-10096375/.

Got two of the Hue Go lamps on my desk for behind the desk wall lighting. Those things actually go pretty damn bright.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Another fan of Hue here, as said buy it all in the sales and its not as bad. As for being too dim, I've got a strip on the back of my TV unit, its anything but too dim, I have to turn it to about 10% or its too overpowering.

I bought and installed a Nest Protect (wired) this weekend, replacing the old 'dumb' smoke alarm in the hallway. Will be getting a couple more for the bedrooms in time as well as the thermostat too.

bH9q2Ip.jpg

Back
Top Bottom