Associate
About to start the new build (photo editor rig) based on the GA-X299 WU8 work station Mobo

Old rig is still humming along but starting to show it's wrinkles (Z97) was researching fastish memory with good timings and G Skill's Trident Z Royals ( F4-4800C18D-16GTRS ) caught my eye ... but the "Bling" is a bit OTT ... I water cool everything so really don't need the covers ... any ideas people how I can source the same hardware without the crown jewels ... Thanks in advance

Aussie Al

Associate
:eek::eek: They are rather fast lol, might be worth getting hold of OCUK customer services to see if thats an option. However the elephant in the room is wether any motherboard that is not in a lab could run them anywhere near that speed.

Associate
OP
GA-x299-WU8 .... She's a beasty and will eat em for Breakfast .... just don't want to pay for bling that will be ripped off anyway to be water cooled. The board also runs not 1 but 2 PLX8 chips ... have a Asus Hyper X v2 card as well to partially get around Intel's VROC monopoly.;)

But a good point ... will ring them on Tuesday

Last edited:
Permabanned
Man of Honour
I stopped water cooling memory years ago because these days it's pretty pointless and only adds restriction and complications to the loop. Why invalidate the warranty for a pointless excercise? My Gskill 3866mhz is only hitting 24 degrees C even in this hot weather.

You should trim your siggy before a mod deletes it. We are only allowed four lines of text.

Associate
OP
Hahahahahh ... fat finger typo ... 6 sticks of 8gb should have been .... was updating the sig from the x58 days , thanks for the heads up and it's back to 4 lines

Moooore research then re temps on DDR4 ... My current DDR3 sticks get toasty at 1.57v after batch editing for an hour or two hence the water ... I'm also heading home later in the year to OZ, a hot day there is in the 40s and the rig just aint gunna fit in the bar fridge... So have you dipped you toes into the VROC pond as yet?

Aussie Al

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom