3rd generation holocaust survivor

When it comes to evil war leaders, I never understood why Hitler / WW2 is so much more controversial and political?

Like you have Genghis Khan, Ivan The Terrible, Vlad The Impaler and many more. Then you had the Vikings invading other countries and lots of other invasions and casualties racking up in the millions. So when it comes to fancy dress parties, it's ok to dress up as Genghis Khan or a Viking, but dressing up as Hitler or one of his Nazis will have you kicked out of the party and possibly arrested?

Caporegime
The media do something similar to this by sensationalising everything, "Mrs x, a peanut allergy survivor". "Mr x, a wasp sting survivor". It might be the case that 0.1% of people die from those things but talking as if someone not dying from those things is some kind of impressive feat is cringeworthy.

I think I'd agree it's just part of the 'I am a victim give me attention' mentality.

BTW Have a mentioned before I'm a stubbed toe survivor? if any media outlets want my story get in touch.

Soldato
It's the hero thing that really irks me. There was one where a local newspaper described a teenager as 'heroic' for surviving being hit by car with nothing but a broken leg. How is walking out into the path of a 2 ton lump of metal and getting your leg busted in any way heroic?

Caporegime
Yeah that's an example of the media sensationalism I mentioned, every story has to be truly extraordinary rather than just giving the mundane facts. Then they wonder where the fake news moniker comes from, they've just become a form of entertainment.

Whilst we're on the topic of media another thing that annoys me is the way the 24/7 news channels never seem to have time to listen to anyone, they're constantly cutting people off due to a lack of time. lol

Soldato
OP
When it comes to evil war leaders, I never understood why Hitler / WW2 is so much more controversial and political?

Like you have Genghis Khan, Ivan The Terrible, Vlad The Impaler and many more. Then you had the Vikings invading other countries and lots of other invasions and casualties racking up in the millions. So when it comes to fancy dress parties, it's ok to dress up as Genghis Khan or a Viking, but dressing up as Hitler or one of his Nazis will have you kicked out of the party and possibly arrested?

I've thought the same about Nazi memorabilia and never really got why owning it was so frowned upon. If there are people who want the holocaust to never be forgotten, then the perpetrators of it should not be forgotten or lost to history either.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I've thought the same about Nazi memorabilia and never really got why owning it was so frowned upon. If there are people who want the holocaust to never be forgotten, then the perpetrators of it should not be forgotten or lost to history either.
Don’t worry, I don’t think the Nazis will ever be forgotten. The relatives of the 6million+ killed will make sure to pass on the tales of horror.

As for “3rd generation survivor”, I think it’s a rather odd label to give oneself. Members my family were directly affected (thrown in camps, murdered, etc.) but I would never say I’m a “3rd generation survivor” because I’m not an idiot.

Associate

But it's always the same that article say's 11 million 6 of them was jews yet nothing is ever said about the other 5 million! they don't matter.
Yet now Israel is doing the same thing to Palestine! Case of the pot calling the kettle black comes to mind!
plus they interfer with other countries matters assinate in other countries also and in the india/Pakistan matter while back one of the indian planes was Israeli which they shot down and got the pilot!
I remember many things learn't from when was young and has been proven true!

Soldato
Awesome, I'm a third generation holocaust survivor and back to back world war champion also! I had no idea this was even a thing, finally I have a sjw cause to call my own.

Back
Top Bottom