• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Khronos Group Partners With EA To Improve Vulkan API

Caporegime
EA’s Collaboration with The Khronos Group
For a while now, EA’s games have had various issues with the implementation of DirectX 12. Battlefield 1 had issues with micro stuttering for some time, and Star Wars Battlefront hasn’t been quite right either, but it seems as if EA has taken the steps to eliminate these issues.

The Khronos Group would like to welcome Contributor Member Electronic Arts. Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment, with more than 300 million registered players around the world. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for consoles, mobile devices and personal computers. In addition to actively collaborating with Vulkan, NNEF, and glTF – EA has joined Khronos to help drive innovation and industry standards that aid in delivering amazing experiences to players.

https://wccftech.com/ea-partners-with-the-khronos-group-for-future-game-vulkan-api-development/

Soldato
I would rather they put best efforts into getting open XR out and supported as a matter of course before diversifying myself.

Edit quick Google shows I am wrong they have already been far more than just VR. my new fact learned for the day. I didn't realise they had a huge part in Vulkan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom