How much money would change your life?

Underboss
£25,000 - £50,000 would be nice and would enable a nice change, £250,000 - £500,000 would be pretty huge, anything above £3,000,000 would be a utterly bonkers.

Soldato
TBH just paying my mortgage off would be enough. I don't really care that much about having a mountain of money.

Sudden wealth changes people and usually not in a good way.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You haven't got enough until you can afford to wipe your arse on fifty pound notes when you run out of bog roll.

This. Anyone who says they don't love money hasn't experienced real wealth. Not "let's go to a posh restaurant" wealth, "I drank a bottle of £300k wine last night and bought a £30m private jet to sit alongside my other private jet" wealth.

Yes, I know someone who did this. He also just blew £9m on a house in which he'll spend no more than two months a year. Literally walked in, looked around and said "I'll take it".

I'll get him to adopt me one day.

Sgarrista
Commissario
a bit like a roll of brown wrapping paper??

Found it, izal.

Could you imagine millennials being given this in the work/school/public toilets :D:D:D

09ca49da8c3433c6fc6af7336a994f50.jpg

Soldato
- 150k for mortgage-free
- about 1m to retire
- about 3m to never have to think about money again
Pretty much this, although about £200k for the mortgage.

£500k and I'd look to switch to temping or freelance and only work for 6-8 months a year. Or maybe get a slightly better house (don't need bigger, but wouldn't mind detached rather than semi, plus a few other features)

Soldato
£500k would be mad, would buy two/three flats locally to rent out and a little place for mum to live rent free. With enough left to buy and convert a LWB van and live in that travelling around riding my bike and living off the rent from properties.

£250k would buy one property to rent out and and the van.

£25k would clear debts and get me the van which would be nice :)

Anymore than £500k would be bonkers and if I didn’t spend it on more properties I’d probably just waste it and it would ruin me.

Associate
£20k would be really nice for me, I could finally clear all my debts, go on a fairly decent holiday, spend maybe 2k on my car on upgrades, and a little bit on small things I want, and put away 5k for the future, and take 6 months off work so I can actually spend time on myself, deal with my health both physically and mentally.
At that point I would be finally free from debt that I have been working mindlessly for so long just to pay off which takes ages, and have a nice amount saved away so I can use in the future. I should be going to college so that I can study to become what I always dreamed of until corporate life took over. Because my outgoings would be minimal, I could afford to live off a lower income. Then with lower outgoings, I could actually afford to save money.

I've always believed you should live to work and not work to live, unfortunately I haven't reached that stage in my life yet.

Man of Honour
Anyone remember what what greasepaper type of bog roll was called? Medi-something?

San-Izal comes to mind, but back on thread, probably 7 mill.
One mill to give my wife to buy the house somewhere in the Whitstable, Kent area that she’s constantly yearned for.
2.5 mill for me to buy a mini mansion in Kent, Sussex, or Surrey, just in case I pull the trigger on an ex from years ago, who’s resurfaced over the past year, and promises me enough carnal delights to ensure that I die with a huge grin on my face, or at least die trying.
One mill each for my two sons, and 1.5 mill for walking around money.
If I had to, I’d sell the 1.2 mill house that I own outright, and give my wife 50%, or I’d rent it out, and use that for more walking around money.

Soldato
£40k to put a deposit on a house and sort out all the legal fees etc. £50k if I want to clear out some of the more egregious debts.

That would make a big difference. A bigger difference would have course be paying off the whole house. That seems to be the common thread in this... Thread. We are all being rinsed by rent.

Back
Top Bottom