Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Lisbon is great for a weekend away. The city is very easy to get to from the airport with the metro (or even taxi), the metro has a fixed price per trip so it cost the same going to the airport from the hotel as it is to any other part of the city (less than 2 euros). I do advise staying in a hotel near one of the metro station for this reason as all the pavement is cobblestones which makes dragging long distance with your luggage kinda annoying.

Oh, prepare for walking, wear comfy shoes. It is hilly (city of 7 hills). I don’t mind it, it let me walk off all those custard tarts that they are famous for. It also has fantastic seafood as well.
Really, appreciate your thoughts/experiences, very helpful.

Walking not an issue, part of the reason we travel. I enjoy beaches as much as the next person (well, that's a lie, my wife does) but prefer exploring the road less travelled. And we've found meandering through the streets to a pre-set destination often delivers more rewarding experiences, sights and chance meetings. It's probably my favourite part...

Cheers, @Raymond Lin.

Caporegime
New home cinema setup:

- Marantz SR6013 AV Receiver
- Dali Opticon LCR x 3 for fronts and centre
- Dali Oberon LCR x 2 for rear
- Dali Atmos Alteco C-1 x 2 for Atmos
- Dali E9-F Subwoofers x 2 for the waub waubs
- 92" Fixed Frame Screen from Screenlite - Fashion Black Velvet with High Grey Contrast fabric and RGB built in.

The only thing I didn't replace was the projector, but the whole setup has been upgraded ready for 4k now. When the projector dies it will be upgraded, however currently its an Optoma HD30

JLE72778.jpg

JLE72779.jpg

JLE72781.jpg

JLE72782.jpg

And in action

JLE72783.jpg

JLE72792.jpg

JLE72785.jpg

A poor quality video sample, sorry I am not good with videos!

The whole thing is mind blowing. Its incredible actually. The screen is one of the most noticeable upgrades. The colours and quality are just excellent, and it handles ambient light fantastically well.

I am chuffed :D (and now a bit broke, ha)

----

Whats left is finishing off the cabling and painting the conduit to finish hiding it all. Oh an eventually a new more suited TV Cabinet.

Soldato
yeh its not bad ,the camel trail is behind those bottom houses and it only cost a little more than our very nodest semi in west yorkshire we sold ,my daughters a scientist in london though and she wouldnt live here tbh ,loves London

Caporegime
yeh its not bad ,the camel trail is behind those bottom houses and it only cost a little more than our very nodest semi in west yorkshire we sold ,my daughters a scientist in london though and she wouldnt live here tbh ,loves London
I reckon her attitude will change as she gets older. Everyone who’s not rich soon realises London for the ****hole that it is.

Back
Top Bottom