Free custom-pc-magazine

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up. Have ordered mine. I used to get Custom PC a lot a few years ago but kind of stopped buying all magazines for some reason and I couldn't say why.

Associate
Got my copy in the post I used to subscribe and stopped as reviews and guides started to disappear and the editorials weren’t really exciting me any more.

Hopefully it’s changed since then

Associate
Don't think it's outdated, according to Readly it's the latest version. I've stopped buying mags since I discovered Readly, I just feel guilty now as there are so many to read I can't keep up.

Soldato
It was getting a bit stale because Dennis Publishing didnt care anymore all the staff were freelance apart from the Editor and there office space got smaller and smaller the mag was losing money for them. Raspberry Pi came along and bought the mag along with Digital SLR (!?) and injected a load of money into it, made the staff full time, changed the quality of the mag (feel the quality of the paper) added more pages and its a lot better now.

Associate
Thanks for this, had mine delivered at the weekend. Been meaning to see what this magazine was like for a while.

I'll take a look at Readly too, although I still prefer reading on paper instead of screens

Soldato
It was getting a bit stale because Dennis Publishing didnt care anymore all the staff were freelance apart from the Editor and there office space got smaller and smaller the mag was losing money for them. Raspberry Pi came along and bought the mag along with Digital SLR (!?) and injected a load of money into it, made the staff full time, changed the quality of the mag (feel the quality of the paper) added more pages and its a lot better now.

Interesting, thanks for posting that. I used to buy the mag years ago and noticed the quality starting to drop off. It's good they've got a new home with more funding.

Back
Top Bottom