World of Warcraft: Classic

Associate
I am really tempted to play vanilla, I bought it at release but never really played it 'til a good year after (I was an SWG addict at the time) and from BC onwards I was hooked. But the irony of it all, especially after watching that guy duel, I was utterly rubbish at PvP and understanding the mechanics!

WoW has been like the ex I can't shake off, keep going back every year and wonder why, as it becomes more watered down. Rose tinted spectacles with vanilla perhaps?

Soldato
I am really tempted to play vanilla, I bought it at release but never really played it 'til a good year after (I was an SWG addict at the time) and from BC onwards I was hooked. But the irony of it all, especially after watching that guy duel, I was utterly rubbish at PvP and understanding the mechanics!

WoW has been like the ex I can't shake off, keep going back every year and wonder why, as it becomes more watered down. Rose tinted spectacles with vanilla perhaps?

I dont think its rose tinted... For me its the chance to get to max level while its current which it will always will be unless they release TBC later... Getting to lvl 60 maxing professions, rep etc something I never managed to do as the game rushed ahead from me once I got near the end of an expansion. In retail there are too many things to do. Too many reps, dailies, etc Classic is a simpler game and to me, more rewarding as it is a tough slog to get to 60. for me anyway. :)

Associate
I dont think its rose tinted... For me its the chance to get to max level while its current which it will always will be unless they release TBC later... Getting to lvl 60 maxing professions, rep etc something I never managed to do as the game rushed ahead from me once I got near the end of an expansion. In retail there are too many things to do. Too many reps, dailies, etc Classic is a simpler game and to me, more rewarding as it is a tough slog to get to 60. for me anyway. :)

Classic has attunements, rep to grind, profession quests and class gear quests. All of which happened in a slower game, in which you could spend a few hours in one dungeon, it was far from simple. No face rolling dungeons unless you been raiding for a while.

Associate

Yeh that makes sense. I managed to get a warrior to 60 just before BC dropped. So yes having the chance to level up and max everything out would be an achievement I missed out the first time round.

Associate
Oh I'm not bad-mouthing Asmon, I find him funny! Tipsout who's streaming is TERRIBLE. I'm surprised he's got such big a following. Comes across as a proper smart arse and a know-it-all of Vanilla, which is surprising since he started playing WoW during Cataclysm.

Watch 1st - https://clips.twitch.tv/ScrumptiousTriumphantCatDatSheffy

Watch 2nd - https://clips.twitch.tv/SmallSavageWatermelonFUNgineer
I think he lies I have watched a few of his videos about vanilla like how to become Scarab lord and he was saying yeah me and my mate did this and that I don't believe him.

Soldato
Classic has attunements, rep to grind, profession quests and class gear quests. All of which happened in a slower game, in which you could spend a few hours in one dungeon, it was far from simple. No face rolling dungeons unless you been raiding for a while.

50+ dungeons unless you out geared them substantially were tough. Every pack you had to mark up, CC, wait for roaming patrols to move, kill, wait and rest, rinse and repeat.

I like to think my recollection is relatively accurate but I think even I will be shocked at how slow dungeon runs are.

Associate
50+ dungeons unless you out geared them substantially were tough. Every pack you had to mark up, CC, wait for roaming patrols to move, kill, wait and rest, rinse and repeat.

I like to think my recollection is relatively accurate but I think even I will be shocked at how slow dungeon runs are.

That is what made it a better game, you became more involved due to the slower nature of the game and had time to digest your surroundings. Unlike the later content in which you were just trailed through and left feeling as if it was pointless. Ironically its all pointless but the former was much better.

Soldato
That is what made it a better game, you became more involved due to the slower nature of the game and had time to digest your surroundings. Unlike the later content in which you were just trailed through and left feeling as if it was pointless. Ironically its all pointless but the former was much better.

Oh I agree, just expecting it to shock a lot of people.

Caporegime
I think he lies I have watched a few of his videos about vanilla like how to become Scarab lord and he was saying yeah me and my mate did this and that I don't believe him.

Scarab lord needed to do world events as a guild. You had to fight a raid sized dragon in moonglade for the first part.

I wonder if blizzard will allow character transfers? My hunter still has a bank full of lvl 60 gear. Kept it all. Couldn't bare to sell it.

Associate
As always streamers get insta invites to the beta, the rest of us subscribers to the game over the course of its life no such joy.

Soldato
Hardly anyone has access, even during the stress test there was only about 3000 actively engaged.

Only 3,000 in the stress test? I got in but I only spent about 30 minutes on there as I couldn't be bothered waiting for 5 minutes to kill a mob just to eventually hit level 5

Soldato
I'm excited for this as someone that experienced

But a lot are going to be the same. As in most that played wow back in the day are late 20s - mid 30s now with as you say commitments, kids etc.
I see no reason communities cant form just as easily this time around knowing gameplay will be short stints each night and not hardcore grinding till 2am. ( though that's bound to happen to begin with I'm sure!)

I hope that's the case. If we can form an Alliance guild through OcUK of similar minded folk that would be good. I will definitely get carried away early on though. :p

Soldato
I think it's a breath of fresh air. Having to work together again unlike retail wow.

I'm tempted to play classic just to relive the nostalgia. It was a great game for its day.

Man of Honour
I think it's a breath of fresh air. Having to work together again unlike retail wow.

I'm tempted to play classic just to relive the nostalgia. It was a great game for its day.

There is a temptation I must admit (even though I am slightly suspicious of just how much so many of the streamers are fawning over it, feels a little too heavy and brown envelope under the desk-like) but I already have the latest ESO expansion to work through and Pantheon further down the road, so I don't think I've the time to invest in WoW in between those.

Soldato
There is a temptation I must admit (even though I am slightly suspicious of just how much so many of the streamers are fawning over it, feels a little too heavy and brown envelope under the desk-like) but I already have the latest ESO expansion to work through and Pantheon further down the road, so I don't think I've the time to invest in WoW in between those.

It's a great business, when you can recycle old stuff for the same money. As much as I have disliked the direction actiblizz has gone, the community is what made the game (well in the past).

I hope the classic community is similar if not a lot more mature this time round.

Back
Top Bottom