Charged £52 for 4mb

Soldato
On holiday in Croatia but took a trip into Montenegro today, was browsing wiki about the Yugolsavia wars just after we crossed tbe border i got a message saying i had spent £50 on data. A minute or so after that i get a message saying welcome to montenegro and that 1mb=12.50.

Thanks for sending the pricing data virgin! A warning would have been nice? I guess i don’t have a leg to stand in to fight the charges though?

Soldato
I'd phone them (not from Montenegro though) and complain, they might take it off. I once got caught similar with Maritime Internet, I didn't even use it, I accidentally left it on and used KBs while roaming. Bill was something like £12.

Soldato
Had a similar problem two years running when staying on the East side of Corfu. I'd occasionally get connected to an Albanian network.

Soldato
Generally as soon as your mobile connects outside the EU the really high charges come in, unless your contract states otherwise. This can be easy to get into trouble with as it is easily forgotten.

Soldato
i thought carriers let you use your data home and abroad.

I think that's an EU agreement that would only apply to countries within the EU - not sure if Montenegro is a member.

I'm with Three which has a very generous use data abroad policy, last time i went to the African continent i think they were charging £3 a Mb.

Caporegime
You could try complaining but ultimately you’ve gone outside the EU where prices differ, they may waive it as a goodwill gesture but they have no obligation to do so .

Only Vodafone cover Turkey for instance.

Wrong.

I had no problem using my phone in northern Cyprus last year (which is occupied and administered by Turkey) with EE.

Just bought a data add on so I could post photos etc whilst out and about.

https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benef...oaming-costs/countries/turkey--inc--n-cyprus-

Associate
Generally as soon as your mobile connects outside the EU the really high charges come in, unless your contract states otherwise. This can be easy to get into trouble with as it is easily forgotten.

Yep, and some of the charges make no sense. I received this from EE when I arrived in Mexico a few weeks ago

l4stPGI.jpg.png

So to send a text message it would actually be 10p cheaper for me to write the message on a piece of paper, take a photo of it and send the photo. The hotel had free wifi so I just stuck to using whatsapp anyway

Back
Top Bottom