The secret to a nice coffee? UHT Milk it seems..

Soldato
OP
is it as nice as ice-cold sterilised milk and cornflakes?

Mmmm tastes so good in cornflakes. I just gulp UHT down like now tomorrow.

Going to have to sell my PVC to fund my UHT habbit.

Don't be absurd, sir.
Taste is the mark of social class... and being British, we already know that tea is far superior to anything the Italians might try to flog us. After all, we only bothered consuming it to rub it in the faces of the Turk's we took it orf...!

Nothing is superior to Yorkshire Tea sir.

Soldato
I'll buy preground beans for my cafetiere occasionally, but they never taste that fresh .. but the carte noire wholebean instant is a pretty good daily driver. Far superior to regular instant..

I'd never consider an expensive coffee machine, but each to thier own. I also generally use UHT semi or regular semi milk, so I'm obviously some sort of heathen.

I think I got spoiled by going to Jamaica once and bought some really fresh blue mountain beans ... Nothing pre packed ever topped that. Whole beans or otherwise.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's more like saying you prefer concentrated juice over freshly squashed.

Sure there is a difference, but it isn't night & day.

Concentrated or not concentrated, the difference is absolutely minimal.

The problem is the machines are too powerful and they extract the bitter oils from the peel and the white part of the orange.

If you want proper orange juice then, you must buy oranges and squeeze them yourself by hand.

Soldato
Instant coffee is a bit like frozen pizza - it has its place. For me it's 1/3 caffeine kick, 1/3 nostalgia, and 1/3 just something hot to drink.

One of my favourite coffees was a Chinese restaurant that served filter coffee with cream after the meal. It was just right.

Man of Honour
Why would you put milk in coffee? :confused:

Exactly, but let’s be fair Feek, that’s our way of seeing it, personally I think
that we’re right, but there are many people who add tonic water, orange
juice, or lemonade to vodka, I rarely add anything but ice cubes, or more vodka.

Associate
I freshly grind my coffee every day, then french press it etc, but I also enjoy instant one. Green Jackobs is the best haven't seen one in UK tho

Associate
Vodka? Grey Goose here, straight up, direct from the freezer.

There is no other thing better in this world, on a hot summers day.

As for coffee? I've never been able to drink anything other than freshly ground beans (hand grinder - ceramic burr - cheap as chips - any beans will do - from wherever) since I tried it.

Instant coffee is an abomination and should be banned. Don't get me started on those plastic pod machine things.

Caporegime
Just LOL if you're not some 90's Seattle coffee-scene dude who has his own line of imported beans coming in via a Green trade route you set up to aid the environment and help small start-up businesses flourish in the face of a post-Reagan era corporate chain mentality of conformity and blandness.

Noobs.

Back
Top Bottom