Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2019, Spielberg - Race 9/21

Rate the 2019 Austiran Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Caporegime
3 hours for that! That’s more of a joke than whether anything was done wrong.
Do wonder though why no action, considering the Vettel penalty?

What Vettel penalty? Canada? he rejoined the track unsafely there. Hamilton had the advantage of speed and Vettel blocked him.

Caporegime
Hmm. Wonder how much they were thinking about how badly F1 got blasted on Social Media after Canada and erred on the side of caution. Charles will win one this season.

Caporegime
awesome stuff, defo no penalty. max had full lock on and didn't run him off intenetionally

Watch the on board, he never had full lock on, he straightened the steering letting the car drift to the outside pushing into LeClerc.

If he had kept full lock on, he would have given LeClerc room, exactly as he had the previous lap

Was fully intentional, he gave no room, so leclerc could not come past and beat max down the straight, like max got beaten the previous lap

Man of Honour
Watch the on board, he never had full lock on, he straightened the steering letting the car drift to the outside pushing into LeClerc.

If he had kept full lock on, he would have given LeClerc room, exactly as he had the previous lap

Was fully intentional, he gave no room, so leclerc could not come past and beat max down the straight, like max got beaten the previous lap

No, he started to straighten the wheel for you know, the straight :p

Associate

Was fully intentional, he gave no room, so le lerc could not come past and beat max down the straight, like max got beaten the previous lap

he just simply did not open up the steering in the slightest (well other than taking the corner line), how you could hink he steered into him from his onboard is beyone me. he was even looking at corner and checked his left mirror after touch.

Caporegime
Hmm. Wonder how much they were thinking about how badly F1 got blasted on Social Media after Canada and erred on the side of caution. Charles will win one this season.

Where in the rules does it say, if public don't like it, don't give the penalty?

Who likes the result or dies not should play no part.

Should be completely impartial.

Also rules need changing so there is zero room for error, black or white no "racing incident" no judges decision, no free choice.

Transmission breaker
Don
No one has access to more data than the stewards. It was clearly a racing incident. 6 of one, etc.

Although I was sure it was going to go the wrong way seeing as they were taking so long to come to a decision!

Thank goodness the result stands

Caporegime
he just simply did not open up the steering in the slightest (well other than taking the corner line), how you could hink he steered into him from his onboard is beyone me. he was even looking at corner and checked his left mirror after touch.

Never said he steered into him.

I said he straightened the steering to follow the racing line WHICH forced LeClerc off the track.

He did not do that the previous lap, which let LeClerc through.

Max was not going to make the sane mistake twice, hence completely intentional on the incident lap

ajf

ajf

Soldato
What Vettel penalty? Canada? he rejoined the track unsafely there. Hamilton had the advantage of speed and Vettel blocked him.
It wasn’t the unsafe joining he was penalised for was it?
He ran Hamilton off the track which caused the penalty, as Verstappen did to Leclerc today.
As others said, Verstappen managed the corner previously.
Not bothered either way as neither are drivers I support, but the apparent inconsistency is the issue.

Associate

I think the FIA have opened a can of worms there. No longer do you need to leave space and you can even make contact.

I think it’s the wrong decision and I think the backlash from Canada is weighing on their minds as is having to change the result of a race retrospectively, which is massively unpopular. I think similar moves will happen this season and will be punished, but consistency is the biggest problem with the FIA.

Soldato
Feels like the wrong decision.

Great race. Stonking drive by Max - but I do feel his overtake should have been a 5sec penalty.

Leclerc showing his potential too.

Best race of the season so far for me.

Soldato
Amazing thread as always.

LC should have conceded the corner. He was beaten that time, however on the previous lap wasn’t hence V different exit etc. LC was done, he couldn’t keep V at bay for another corner, let alone another couple of laps.

He wasnt beaten. Verstappen only got past because he crowded leclerc off the track and didnt leave a cars width to the track limits (which is against the rules). They were side by side so leclerc was not required to concede. Max pulled a very similar move on previous lap and did leave room and couldnt make the pass.

So he decided to not leave room next time.

Associate
cant belive how badly gasly is doing, to get lapped by max is a joke.

Shame, I had high hopes for him and he seem a decent lad, wonder when he will get the chop? summer break or end of season?

Permabanned
D-U9NYeXoAIBrQI.jpg

What an excrement decision :eek:

Ferrari must appeal it and bring the stewards to the court. Otherwise, the decisions will always remain consistent against them.

Back
Top Bottom