It's raining men

Soldato
ITT: Outraged people who don't get the concept of black humour.

Hrm, hang on, is that term considered racist now? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chill out, peeps. :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As peculiar as the situation is, I can't help but feel saddened that the individual was at that point of desperation to feel it necessary to do something so dangerous.

Assuming they knew it was so dangerous. Maybe I'm really cynical, but my first thought was of this person paying every penny they had to someone who arranged it and told them it would work out fine.

Permabanned
OP
At least he wont be on benefits

Perhaps the Kenyan government could offer us some sort of one off flat rate payment...You know, as a token gesture for our trouble and expense?

The BBC showed an impressive dent in the tenant's garden, I wonder what sort of terminal velocity he achieved?

Last edited:
Soldato
This. **** all you ***** laughing at this story. You can only hope your life never gets that desperate that you have to hide in an aircraft's landing gear to try and make a better life for yourself.

You people are ******* disgusting, absolute cretins.

Kenya isn't that a bad country in the grand scale of things.

Plenty of criminals have killed themselves doing silly things to try and materially enrich themselves.

Five second search.....

Its presumptuous to jump to the destitution/ desperation line straight away.

Plenty of 'illegal' migrants just want to move to improve their economic situation not out of actual life or death neccessity.

This post is (maybe unintentionally) case in point.

It's a sad case of desperation. A sad story indeed, but people do dumb things in desperate times.

Look at refugees who pay thousands to end up in overfilled boats to then capsize.

Unless you are fleeing a war zone where money and material goods won't do you much good its somewhat oxymoronic to suggest that someone paying 'thousands' to smugglers is in such a desperate situation where they need to for their survival.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Kenya isn't that a bad country in the grand scale of things.

Plenty of criminals have killed themselves doing silly things to try and materially enrich themselves.

Five second search.....

Its presumptuous to jump to the destitution/ desperation line straight away.

Plenty of 'illegal' migrants just want to move to improve their economic situation not out of actual life or death neccessity.

This post is (maybe unintentionally) case in point.

Unless you are fleeing a war zone where money and material goods won't do you much good its somewhat oxymoronic to suggest that someone paying 'thousands' to smugglers is in such a desperate situation where they need to for their survival.

That makes it ok then does it?

And you know nothing about Kenya so save me that angle, you’re wasting your time.

Man of Honour
Aww diddums.

This. **** all you ***** laughing at this story. You can only hope your life never gets that desperate that you have to hide in an aircraft's landing gear to try and make a better life for yourself.

You people are ******* disgusting, absolute cretins.

confusing story
so was guy sunbathing in the garden or not? second bit says he came out very shaken - if he'd been a metre from the body i'd assume he'd be very red too?
so the body splattered blood everywhere, but was "intact" (ish) cos it was inside a block of ice? :-/ how the **** do you end up in an ice block anyways? I can understand him being frozen solid but it's not like that much water should accumulate in the gear wells of a jet.

"The Met Police said a post-mortem examination would be carried out in due course and the death was not being treated as suspicious." given the above, why not? it's blindingly obvious someone's deliberately entombed him in ice then thrown him out.

Not sure if serious.

Soldato
That makes it ok then does it?

And you know nothing about Kenya so save me that angle, you’re wasting your time.

I have visited the country so I might know 'something' about it. Like lots of places it's inhabitants are often poor but not generally destitute.

But don't let me interrupt your faux moral outrage.

Illegal migrants and asylum seekers are disproportionately comprised of young men.

This is one of the least 'vulnerable' groups in society on average.

But they are the ones most likely to make potentially rash decisions to try and get ahead in life.

Soldato
Didn't realise that going to 40,000ft on an airliners wheels had basically the same effect as going in to space without a space suit.

Oh well, he made it to Britain at least. Didn't hit the ground running though.

Caporegime
I have visited the country so I might know 'something' about it.

Ok apologies, I'll bow to your wisdom of an entire nation because you've been there :D

And also forgive me for thinking that the completely unnecessary loss of life is acceptable because he was part of the least vulnerable group, ignoring the fact that you obviously have better connections than anyone else to know who it was before even the redtops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Soldato
Ok apologies, I'll bow to your wisdom of an entire nation because you've been there :D

I don't think I claimed anything like that now did I? I don't know much of what there is to know about England despite living in the country for over 40 years after all like most people living here.

And also forgive me for thinking that the completely unnecessary loss of life is acceptable because he was part of the least vulnerable group, ignoring the fact that you obviously have better connections than anyone else to know who it was before even the redtops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm just worried for your wellbeing Diddums you off your meds?

When other Africans have ended up loosing their lives whilst trying to materially advance themselves you haven't been so concerned in the past?

I think we're losing a bit of context here. Nobody's supporting or promoting pleasure from suffering and death in general, but when a poacher is killed trying to hunt innocent animals which our descendants should be able to enjoy, then I struggle to find any sympathy for them and in this case would happily hand them a Darwin award.

How do you know he wasn't destitute?

And it doesn't appear that you aren't willing to joke and be a little more jovial about untimely human death when wild animals are not involved either.... .

Like with suicide

Diddums said:

Or people choking to death...

Natural selection, let it happen. I for one enjoy the Darwin Awards.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't think I claimed anything like that now did I? I don't know much of what there is to know about England despite living in the country for over 40 years after all like most people living here.

I'm just worried for your wellbeing Diddums you off your meds?

When other Africans have ended up loosing their lives whilst trying to materially advance themselves you haven't been so concerned in the past?

How do you know he wasn't destitute?

And it doesn't appear that you aren't willing to joke and be a little more jovial about untimely human death when wild animals are not involved either.... .

Like with suicide

Or people choking to death...

If you can’t tell the difference between those stories then there’s no point me wasting my time tbh.

Who knows, maybe one day you’ll know what true destitution is, I can only hope you never have to face that.

I’m bowing out of this thread now, if you or anyone else can’t appreciate how tragic it is for someone to lose their life by trying to find a better one then I’m more than happy to laugh at you and move on.

Have fun.

Soldato
If you can’t tell the difference between those stories then there’s no point me wasting my time tbh.

Who knows, maybe one day you’ll know what true destitution is, I can only hope you never have to face that.

We of course there are diffences in the cases but you seem to be quite callous about death when it suits your personal prejudices compared to your, I would suggest faux, outrage here?

I have seen plenty of poverty and the odd person who could perhaps be deemed actually to be 'destitute'.

Regardless you just seemed to have made a wild assumption here. And then got all defensive when it was pointed out to you that young men do rash things for material advancement when they are destitute or not.

Its a bit racist isn't it to exclude a presumably black African man automatically from the Darwin Awards you claim to otherwise enjoy based on an unproven assumption of yours ?

Caporegime
We of course there are diffences in the cases but you seem to be quite callous about death when it suits your personal prejudices compared to your, I would suggest faux, outrage here?

I have seen plenty of poverty and the odd person who could perhaps be deemed actually to be 'destitute'.

Regardless you just seemed to have made a wild assumption here. And then got all defensive when it was pointed out to you that young men do rash things for material advancement when they are destitute or not.

Its a bit racist isn't it to exclude a presumably black African man automatically from the Darwin Awards you claim to otherwise enjoy based on an unproven assumption of yours ?

Ohhhhhhh wait now I remember, you’re the clown who accused me of casual racism because I called your mate Milo Poppadoms, and now you’re doing it again? Hahaha, pull the other one sweet cheeks, I think you need to learn what racism means before you keep playing that card :D

You’re great at pulling the rug out from under your own feet with the race card. You instantly remove any credibility you might’ve had by spouting that rubbish, we’ll done.

Soldato
Ohhhhhhh wait now I remember, you’re the clown who accused me of casual racism because I called your mate Milo Poppadoms, and now you’re doing it again? Hahaha, pull the other one sweet cheeks, I think you need to learn what racism means before you keep playing that card :D

You’re great at pulling the rug out from under your own feet with the race card. You instantly remove any credibility you might’ve had by spouting that rubbish, we’ll done.

Trying rebutting a work place grievance claim for racial harassment in the UK if you deliberately mispronounce the name of a colleague for comedic effect when their name has its origins in another nation/ culture.

Back
Top Bottom