Accommodation, long term rentals

Associate
Hi,

My hubby and I are relocating to the IOM end of August, job and work permits sorted with a very reputable company. We are in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands at the moment and relocating our dog with us, a 4.5 year old medium sized springer cross breed, very well behaved and house trained. Although we have various estate agents looking for initial properties for us to rent, we are finding it difficult to find a rental that is pet friendly.

Anyone got any suggestions where else to look or have properties available on here that would be suitable, we really need to be Douglas, Onchan, Laxey area as my hubby will be working out of Onchan.

We are used to living the simple life so do not need a big house, just somewhere simple and near some greenery for dog walking.

Thanks in advance

Mandie Phelan

Associate
OP
I am genuinley asking for suggestions regarding accommodation and do not need sarcastic comments, I thought people on here would be helpful, rather than silly comments. Thanks Diddums you are at least offering constructive comment, Thanks

Associate
Tell us Mandie,

Why did you think people on this forum would be helpful? Also, why did you think it would be a good idea to join a UK Computer Enthusiasts' Forum to ask about accommodation?

And for the record, there was nothing constructive in Diddums' post. He was taking the ****.

Caporegime
Nobody will want to rent to anyone who has pets for obvious reasons. They stink and that smell gets into everything they touch. Shed their hair everywhere and then everything that hair gets into will need thoroughly cleaned or replaced. As in they wouldn't be able to rent it out after you left without expensive refurbishment costs.

You have 4 options:

1. Get rid of the dog
2. Buy somewhere
3. Rent somewhere and stick the dog in some kennels until you can buy somewhere
4. Offer the landlord an increased premium in the normal rent and a large one off fee when you leave to have the place professionally cleaned.

You have to look at it from the landlords point of view. If they have the option of renting to someone without a pet or with one. They will say no pets allowed.

Caporegime
Nobody will want to rent to anyone who has pets for obvious reasons.

You mean apart from the hundreds of thousands of pet friendly rental places which have dedicated websites to help link like minded people? Did you forget about those, or are you applying your rather limited mindset to everyone in the UK?

@Mandie Phelan my comment was taking the mic, but seeing as you've replied and confirmed you're not a bot, I'd suggest finding some Facebook groups in Douglas or even the whole IOM given its size and ask there. You'll be surprised how helpful people can actually be.

Good luck :)

Associate
OP
Well!!! thanks to you Diddums for the constructive comment. The rest of you are sarcastic ******** and the comment about getting RID OF THE DOG has made me very angry. Anyway I am leaving this forum now, I only joined as thought it was a general site and not one just populated with IT geeks, who are renowned for been unfeeling dickheads!

Good luck with your sad lives!

Soldato
Well!!! thanks to you Diddums for the constructive comment. The rest of you are sarcastic ******** and the comment about getting RID OF THE DOG has made me very angry. Anyway I am leaving this forum now, I only joined as thought it was a general site and not one just populated with IT geeks, who are renowned for been unfeeling dickheads!

Thanks for stopping by. Missing you already!

Caporegime

Oi, calm down, you can't blame them for messing about when your first post can very easily be construed as a bot ;)

This forum is a very valuable asset, most of the posters on here are quite intelligent and are generally quite helpful. I've solved many problems thanks to the folks on here, stick around, you'll be surprised :)

Back
Top Bottom