Are my temps normal or too high

Soldato
are my temps normal or too high for my rig, my 9900k is at 5.1ghz 1.31v and in realbench my temps get up to 90c, gaming runs between 50-70c depending on the game.
I’m running 2 nemesis 360 GTS rads with EK Varder fans in push configuration with my 1080ti also in the loop, my room temperature is 25c.
I’m thinking if deliding(I have the frame on order) I’m also thinking of adding another xspc360 rad into my loop

Soldato
It'd help if you could see liquid temperature.

I'd say pushing 90 under stress tests is... Within reason, but undesirable. But then your room temp is high. Take the 4-5° off to normalise to room temperature and you've got 85 max.

Soldato
OP
It'd help if you could see liquid temperature.

I'd say pushing 90 under stress tests is... Within reason, but undesirable. But then your room temp is high. Take the 4-5° off to normalise to room temperature and you've got 85 max.
Yeah my house is quite hot, in the summer it can sit at about 26-28c even in the winter it holds its temperature at between 20-24c

Soldato
Seems okay, limit is really getting heat from cpu into your loop, small surface area chip, lots of heat in a small area as a result given power usage under load, Avx instructions, stress test , warm home at the moment you mentioned and overclocked, so your result seem reasonable given all that to be honest.

You temps during a more typical use case (gaming) and your gpu temps seem to show in more typical situations the cpu is fine even in out heat atm and similarly your gpu temps show your loop is doing its job in being able to remove heat.

Just my two cents.

Soldato
what Radox-O and others have said. While high when doing benchmark, your temps are fine in normal use.

In my experiences higher air temps have much less effect on custom loop temps than they do oh air cooled temps. I now air coolers are almost exactly 1:1 ratio. My understanding and from using custom loops years ago is liquid to air has a much wider ratio.

As asked, what is our coolant temp vs air temp? As already suggested, it's possible the problem is not radiator to air heat exchange, but CPU block to coolant. How long ago did you flush system and clean CPU waterblock? If CPU waterblock micro-fins are not clean the heat transfer from CPU to coolant will be greatly deminished.

Soldato
OP
what Radox-O and others have said. While high when doing benchmark, your temps are fine in normal use.

In my experiences higher air temps have much less effect on custom loop temps than they do oh air cooled temps. I now air coolers are almost exactly 1:1 ratio. My understanding and from using custom loops years ago is liquid to air has a much wider ratio.

As asked, what is our coolant temp vs air temp? As already suggested, it's possible the problem is not radiator to air heat exchange, but CPU block to coolant. How long ago did you flush system and clean CPU waterblock? If CPU waterblock micro-fins are not clean the heat transfer from CPU to coolant will be greatly deminished.
Just cleaned my loop out 2 weeks ago, I’m going to invest in a temp sensor for the next time I do a flush

Back
Top Bottom