Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
I'm getting the impression that they currently have the authority to give out a discount of £3.50 for X months on whatever you are currently on but cannot arbitrarily lower your monthly.

So if your deal sucked before they can make it suck by £3.50 less and if it was fine before then they can still take off £3.50.

Hence me currently looking at paying 37.50 and 46.83 for two identical packages after a 3.50 discount. And why I filled up the comment box on the VM survey.

You might get a "deal" if you volunteer to pay more(!) by bumping yourself to a more expensive package but... that's only a deal if you actually want and need the new package. If not then all you're doing is offering more money and them saying sure.

Soldato
Could be, she was vastly misinformed about all sorts of things and seemed more interested in chatting to her friend next to her than giving me a better deal. I actually went ahead and put in the cancellation so we shall see if they call.
I cancelled today. I had the girl telling me that I wasn't going to get anything near the same speeds via BT, and suggested that I didn't know what I was talking about when I told her that I have BT FTTP available, that's 330 down and 50 up.

She actually told me that it isn't fibre and that they can't achieve those speeds... Then started going on about how I use 2200GB a month, and that I won't be able to use that much on any other service. She didn't know what to say when I told her that 2200GB really isn't that much and could be used in less than a day on my current connection running flat out.

She then offered me 46 a month, and I just carried on with the cancellation. I'm expecting a call back with a better price, and I'm hoping I can play BT and virgin off against each other for the best price. But either way, I'm ditching Virgin because of the Super Hub 3 and the Puma 6 nonsense.

Soldato
Yep mine is going up too, Haven't even been with them 6 months as a new customer so I shall be cancelling I think, I don't mind price hikes after 12 months but within 6 months they can jog on.

£45.50 they want for just 100mb broadband meh.

"From 1st October your price will be going up by £4.50 a month."
That's madness. I've been paying £42 for 350Mb, and basic TV and phone.

Soldato
virgin internet are the worst company i have ever dealt with al8ng with EE and 3 for monthly pricing inconsistency between customers. It seems what you get is more at the discretion of the person behind the phone than any pricing policy. Funny enough virgin mobile is great for offering customers contract at good deals, shame about their network coverage.

Soldato
Slightly off topic but looked online at the full VM package Ultimate MPH or similar, anyways a VM rep turned up at my door this evening (ID badge, VM logo shirt etc) and said he could better the price and would I like to lock this in til the date my sky package runs out, is this normal?

Soldato
I remember my folks having someone come round, got a really decent deal from the local rep.
He said that “this was his area” I’ve got his card so might call him tomorrow and ask a few more questions about it all, thanks

Is there any traffic shaping that VM do on their 500mb package?

I’ve got a Ubiquity WiFi network so signal shouldn’t be an issue as long as it plays well

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I'm on the 350mb package and never been traffic shaped (not in the past two years at least). Also, I've been backing up 7TB of data to the cloud (started about 4/5 days ago, got a lonnnng way to go) and it's been maxing out the upload constantly since it started, so far.

Soldato
I see the M350 package is currently @ £45 a month for 12 months, that's less than i'm paying for the M200 package.

Only been with Virgin for 2 months, will they let me swap to the M350 package this early?

Soldato
I’m on the 350 package for £40 a month until April 21 if I want to keep it. Moved house a month ago and I was paying £42 in the last house..

Soldato
I see the M350 package is currently @ £45 a month for 12 months, that's less than i'm paying for the M200 package.
Only been with Virgin for 2 months, will they let me swap to the M350 package this early?

I had a rep round the other day door knocking. He said that with VM you can upgrade packages and downgrade back down but never go lower than your starting (contracted) package. Strictly speaking you "should" be able to upgrade to the 350Mb however I would expect them decline as it would be a lesser price and you are now out of your cooling off period so couldn't cancel.

I would love the speeds that VM can offer and I am in a relatively new area so can get fibre blown to my house but this recent price mish-mash is really off-putting.

Back
Top Bottom