The Guardian's Owen Jones attacked outside London pub in a premeditated assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
He's such an insufferable moron, he wrote a book about "chavs" but has no idea what a chav actually is.

He also obsessed with far right extremism, so this incident will obviously make him more rational.....

Soldato
Stopped reading at "Owen Jones"

He labels everyone who has a different opinion to him as far right or a homophobe. He likes to get people's backs up and provoke them with snide comments. Probably someone he insulted in the past (or at that moment).

Last edited:
Soldato
No idea who the guy is and whilst from the comments it seems he is questionable in terms of his views which he airs it doesn't make it OK that he's been attacked physically in such a way.

I would like to say I am amazed at the apathy shown here, but sadly I am not.

P.S I am not a leftie either.

Associate
The same Owen Jones who cheered and applauded when Richard Spenser was attacked unprovoked? The person who consistently advocates use of force against the right if they don't see sense?

Other then Jones immediate guess work that they were homophobic Neo-Nazis, despite nothing being said, shouted or threatened, we will have to see what the motivation of the attack was about when it's investigated.

One thing that this has shown, should there be street fights between the left and right in the future, Owen Jones and the rest of his left wing mates are likely to fold like wet paper bags.

Soldato
They guy makes a living out of seeking attention (sort of a successful stockhausen I guess). I hope he wasn't attacked, and unfortunately I don't believe the story as he tells it.

Soldato
Stopped reading at "Owen Jones"

He labels everyone who has a different opinion to him as far right or a homophobe. He likes to get people's backs up and provoke them with snide comments. Probably someone he insulted in the past (or at that moment).

This, he probably insulted someone in the pub he was drinking at, and later on took a battering for it.

He should realise you can't just spout out a load of abuse and not expect anyone to react to it.

Soldato
I'm actually amazed at all the comments here. All I know of Owen Jones is that he's a pretty left wing, Labour loving columnist. He has good written opinions, sometimes annoys people on TV but that's about it.

Are these forums so right wing now it's ok for him to get beaten up in the street for writing columns that not everyone agrees with?

Please educate me with some links regarding the above incidents with him, having seen him on TV a fair amount, read plenty of his opinion pieces as well as one of his books I have somehow managed to avoid any of the above mentioned :confused:

I worry about this forum when the first 10 comments essentially say he's annoying and left wing so therefore it's ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom