World of Warcraft: Classic

Associate
This que thing really shouldn't be happening in 2019, not like they have not had 15 years to work it out is it. Is it still long ques for the big expansion launches on normal wow? I have not played in 8 years so haven't experienced one for a long time. But can never remember having to que to log into the game in the past.

Permabanned
This que thing really shouldn't be happening in 2019, not like they have not had 15 years to work it out is it. Is it still long ques for the big expansion launches on normal wow? I have not played in 8 years so haven't experienced one for a long time. But can never remember having to que to log into the game in the past.

The realm populations are a lot higher these days but there still has to be some limit I guess.

Associate
Yeah I did get in early this morning for a bit but I logged out to force myself to do some work. :)

Queued at 11am and was at 15k, in just over 2 hours I am down to 9290 in queue, so with a bit of luck I should get in by the time I get home after work. :p

That is absolutely unacceptable for a game that requires a paid subscription.

Going to work 9-5 then getting home just wanting to play but likely not being able to log in until like 8-9pm when you go to bed at 10 ;(

Permabanned
That is absolutely unacceptable for a game that requires a paid subscription.

Going to work 9-5 then getting home just wanting to play but likely not being able to log in until like 8-9pm when you go to bed at 10 ;(

Yeah its pretty bad. Hopefully settle down sooner rather than later.

Blizz will just say "well play on a different server then" but thats hardly the point.

Associate
Not enough people play retail for it to be an issue, plus they have layering, sharding and the instancing system on retail. So although you do have a "realm" it makes very little difference as you play with people across realms. None of this tech works with classic without doing a lot of work. Which is why they only adding layering for the starter zones and are switching it off completely in a few months.

Soldato
You don't think queuing for 12 hours shows an intention of wanting to play long term ?

With the amount of people using macros and external viewers to stay in the game whilst not actually playing it just idling, I'd say that there is certainly a lot of folk taking the long term view, but what you've got to factor in is the "get it out of my system" folks who will play until level 10-20, and get bored, and then maybe not come back for days/weeks/months or forever.

Soldato
With the amount of people using macros and external viewers to stay in the game whilst not actually playing it just idling, I'd say that there is certainly a lot of folk taking the long term view, but what you've got to factor in is the "get it out of my system" folks who will play until level 10-20, and get bored, and then maybe not come back for days/weeks/months or forever.

I'm not sure many who only want to level to 10 (the tourists) would be willing to wait in a queue for 12 hours though, they'll all be rolling on low/medium pop servers. There will certainly be a drop off but I think Firemaw and Shazz will always have pretty hefty queues.

Soldato
I'm not sure many who only want to level to 10 (the tourists) would be willing to wait in a queue for 12 hours though, they'll all be rolling on low/medium pop servers. There will certainly be a drop off but I think Firemaw and Shazz will always have pretty hefty queues.

Being in a queue is no effort, and a lot of folk will join a queue before work etc. then when they get home the queue will be a 'normal' lenght. I already have an old friend from WoW who was very excited to play again, did 15 hours in one sitting and doesn't know if he wants top play again. I was pretty convinced he'd be back for good, but 15 years ago he was a lot younger with much more free time.

Soldato
If a lot of the player base is like me, who was 14/15 when wow was originally released, then I imagine they will have a lot less time to play nowadays. Real life will certainly take priority now compared to back then, I didn't have kids for a start!

As much as part of me would love to sink 5 hours a day into it like I once was able to, once the initial hype dies down, I imagine I'll probably get to play 5 hours a week at most. I'm sure when that happens, the queues will die down massively.

Soldato
If a lot of the player base is like me, who was 14/15 when wow was originally released, then I imagine they will have a lot less time to play nowadays. Real life will certainly take priority now compared to back then, I didn't have kids for a start!

As much as part of me would love to sink 5 hours a day into it like I once was able to, once the initial hype dies down, I imagine I'll probably get to play 5 hours a week at most. I'm sure when that happens, the queues will die down massively.

And unlike retail, you'll get nothing done, which makes it almost "unsuitable".

Used to take 2 hours back in the day just to get people to the raid and setup lol

Soldato
And unlike retail, you'll get nothing done, which makes it almost "unsuitable".

Used to take 2 hours back in the day just to get people to the raid and setup lol

A lot would argue that classic is more casual friendly mostly because you don't have to worry about falling behind because you're missing your dailies. You just have to deal with it taking a lot longer for you to do anything if you don't have a lot of time but that's okay.

You may not be raiding or reaching grand Marshall but they are really the only things you won't be able to do.

Soldato
Not sure.
PvP gear = 1 hour long queues and a need to play 14 hours a day to rank
Pve gear = staying in a raid for 5 hours 3 or 4 times a week

Not sure, other than levelling what you can do casually (once content is released and people start out-gearing you).

Soldato
Managed to get on firemaw this morning, played for about 4 hours. As a newbie to wow I found it pretty enjoyable, managed to join a small friendly guild as it sounds like ocuk alliance is not happening.
Managed to get to level 7 for my priest managed to die about 8 times getting inside a mine to find a big level 10 spider then I have to leg it.
The community seems very friendly just randomly buffing and healing you. I may have to ask Guilford or anyone going into the mine to help kill that spider but I'm sure I won't have any problems.
Picked my first two professions before I logged off.

Like slot of us were slot older now and I don't have kids but I have a full-time job and I have just bought my first house so will be busy. This game can be done casually I just don't expect to be the top player on the server.

Associate
Not sure.
PvP gear = 1 hour long queues and a need to play 14 hours a day to rank
Pve gear = staying in a raid for 5 hours 3 or 4 times a week

Not sure, other than levelling what you can do casually (once content is released and people start out-gearing you).

WoW Classic = Have no life or don't play

Back
Top Bottom