• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Don’t buy NEW ryzen CPU’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Seems to me that majority bought 1600 for 170 GBP, when the 2600 came out the price of 1600 dropped to 110, so they sold it on second hand market for 80, added 100 GBP and got themselves 2600.

Then 3600 came out, same thing, market dropped, sold they 2600 for 80 GBP, added 100 and bought 3600. I don’t think now is time to upgrade to 3600, now is time to buy 2600.

And the prices bottom out at around 70 GBP, 1600, 2600 and next year 3600 will all cost 60-70 gbp.

If AMD is value then you are doing it wrong.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Seems to me that majority bought 1600 for 170 GBP, when the 2600 came out the price of 1600 dropped to 110, so they sold it on second hand market for 80, added 100 GBP and got themselves 2600.

Then 3600 came out, same thing, market dropped, sold they 2600 for 80 GBP, added 100 and bought 3600. I don’t think now is time to upgrade to 3600, now is time to buy 2600.

And the prices bottom out at around 70 GBP, 1600, 2600 and next year 3600 will all cost 60-70 gbp.

wityh that take on things you would never buy anything:) everyone knows older generation of stuff becomes cheaper. Same with cars even with a number plate change when new number plate comes out the older ones get cheaper:)

but at the end of the day its not a reason not to buy a 3600 or any 3000 series cpu they are better in every way then the generation before and if you want the latest tech you will pay for it pure and simple

Associate
OP
wityh that take on things you would never buy anything:) everyone knows older generation of stuff becomes cheaper. Same with cars even with a number plate change when new number plate comes out the older ones get cheaper:)

but at the end of the day its not a reason not to buy a 3600 or any 3000 series cpu they are better in every way then the generation before and if you want the latest tech you will pay for it pure and simple

Don't over exaggerate, just 1 generation behind. And you get to ride out the whole AM4 line up with a slight delay and zero pounds wasted.

Associate
OP
MODS!

Intel have infiltrated the forum.

I'll entertain you. Technically since AMD just autoboosts and doesn't overclock. AMD fanboys have nothing to do on "overclockers" forum. you need to form a new forum like, "barelyboosts dot com or itcomeslikethisfromthebox com"

I'm not sure what the point of this post is. Stay behind the bleeding edge, it's cheaper?

"If AMD is value then you are doing it wrong."

Last edited by a moderator:

G J

G J

Associate
I get that some of the old gen stuff can sharply fall in price when the new comes along that catches some people out but the upside of this is pricing goes down.

Intel doesnt seem to do this as they just discontinue the old gen, raise the pricing as theres a stock shortage and new lines takes a higher pricing structure.

I'm assuming there's going to be great deals this black friday on some of the AMD 3xxx series CPU's and motherboards.

Edit: Same can also be said about nVidia in regards Intel and pricing.

Soldato
"If AMD is value then you are doing it wrong."
I'll entertain you. Technically since AMD just autoboosts and doesn't overclock. AMD fanboys have nothing to do on "overclockers" forum. you need to form a new forum like, "barelyboosts dot com or itcomeslikethisfromthebox com"

Let pay overpriced Intel crap then, because is overpriced and doesn't fall in price!!!!!!!
That's basically your argument.

And that in conjunction with this thread you created, calling the reviewers AMD shills

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/amd-rant-intel-fan-ryzen-truth.18858997/

I get that some of the old gen stuff can sharply fall in price when the new comes along that catches some people out but the upside of this is pricing goes down.

Intel doesnt seem to do this as they just discontinue the old gen, raise the pricing as theres a stock shortage and new lines takes a higher pricing structure.

I'm assuming there's going to be great deals this black friday on some of the AMD 3xxx series CPU's and motherboards.

Edit: Same can also be said about nVidia in regards Intel and pricing.

Yep.

Caporegime
This is worse than one of Mag's threads. Prices drop as new shiny is released shocker. Never buy a car, a phone, a camera.

To humour you:

Upgrading like that is daft but you can use the same motherboard throughout. Try that on Intel.

Associate
I don’t think now is time to upgrade to 3600, now is time to buy 2600.

but wait, wouldnt now be the time to buy 1600? since it will be EVEN CHEAPER than £80 now?!

imagine in they make more CPUs in the future, the 2600 will get cheaper still!!

your onto something here..

Soldato
Well people complained that intel motherboards only last for one gen of cpu's I always pointed out that doesnt matter as most people wouldnt be upgrading cpu every gen anyway. But of course "some" people do upgrade cpu every gen, so its no surprise people are doing what you said OP.

Permabanned
Well people complained that intel motherboards only last for one gen of cpu's I always pointed out that doesnt matter as most people wouldnt be upgrading cpu every gen anyway. But of course "some" people do upgrade cpu every gen, so its no surprise people are doing what you said OP.

Users with B350 motherboards who initially decided on Ryzen 5 1600, in theory can upgrade without problems to Ryzen 9 3900X or even Ryzen 9 3950X, or even some Ryzens 4th generation.
Which is cool, even without some nice-to-have extras like PCIe v.4.0.

Associate
Not quite. Sold my 1600x for almost £100, about 2 or 3 months ago. So wasn't a bad deal.
Same about the HD7970, bought for 310 on release day, and sold few months ago for £90 odd pounds. Again, worthy.
Best deal was the 4770k, kept for few years, and sold quite well.

Associate
OP
Let pay overpriced Intel crap then, because is overpriced and doesn't fall in price!!!!!!!
That's basically your argument.

And that in conjunction with this thread you created, calling the reviewers AMD shills

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/amd-rant-intel-fan-ryzen-truth.18858997/

Yep.
In no way I have advised ever that you have to buy Intel, or Amd. Frankly I couldn't care less what you spend your money on. And yes the way how they tested Amd vs Intel didn't sound fair to me. It still doesn't just because I have hands on experience what the stock 9700k is like and what it is actually like when properly boosted.

This is worse than one of Mag's threads. Prices drop as new shiny is released shocker. Never buy a car, a phone, a camera.
As stated I talk about generation behind.

but wait, wouldnt now be the time to buy 1600? since it will be EVEN CHEAPER than £80 now?!

imagine in they make more CPUs in the future, the 2600 will get cheaper still!!

your onto something here..

No, 1600 and 2600 go for about the same price now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom