Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Associate
Found email, gmail bad truncated it!

£51ish a month and £70 upfront with an extra £7.80 a month for Sky Q experience and £50 for box.

(Edit: found email and actually adds up to £54... definitely didn’t say that on the site)

Soldato
My sky full package (Full UHD Sky Q TV pack, fibre/Phone) is coming to an end it’s going up to £128 from £82 :eek:

Virgin seem to be offering some competitive alternatives that Sky will probably not get close to but time to go through the rigmarole again. Virgin are offering £170 cashback and £150 bill credit, thats already nearly 4 months paid for and only a 12 month contract..

Edit: First offer in, £79.80 for my existing package.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi @MissChief,

My father has just moved house and is looking to move back to sky after some time away, would it please be possible to have a code for the 40% off all TV deals for new customers? He unfortunately doesn't need broadband as it is a business line paid for by his company. I have sent a trust.

Thanks,

Soldato
Anyone know if sky are taking BB orders again yet? Had mine cancelled about a month ago after a fiasco with their terrible system not allowing customers on to their new bb package.

Soldato
There a major reason / issue why you aren't. From what I've been told anyway by numerous sky employees..

I placed an order to move over to a new BB package (as my current fibre package is no longer available) and at a reduced cost (the main reason for want to either switch or renegotiate...
Long story short was that my order was cancelled due to Skys' system not allowing some new customers and some existing customers from switching to or applying for the new Sky SuperFast BB.. A bit of a joke. They couldn't give me an indication of any resolution of the issue so cancelled my order.

They also told me that my guaranteed speed would be lower than what I get now. Currently I get 53/55 mb/s at the router. Guaranteed lowest is 35 with an average of 39-55... I don't see how it would be lower on a new package... Granted I may not notice the difference but that's not the point... I may just go to BT tbh.

Soldato
They also told me that my guaranteed speed would be lower than what I get now.
The speed you get and the speed that you are guaranteed are two different things. I am guaranteed 63mb but I get 78mb. If my speed drops to 64mb then I am still within my guaranteed speed and my provider is still within contract. That is how it works, not guaranteeing you the fastest or your current speed.

Soldato
Hi Misschief,

I've just moved home, looking to get SkyQ and Broadband, which was installed by BT (as a house move rather than new contract) on Tuesday, if I moved to sky would I be liable for cancellation costs or not if moving to sky broadband?

Would it be possible to get a code for a new order please off the back of this :D

Thanks

Caporegime
OP
Hi Misschief,

I've just moved home, looking to get SkyQ and Broadband, which was installed by BT (as a house move rather than new contract) on Tuesday, if I moved to sky would I be liable for cancellation costs or not if moving to sky broadband?

Would it be possible to get a code for a new order please off the back of this :D

Thanks
Possibly and probably. BT have likely entered you into a new contract but only they would be able to tell you. I’d check with them as I have TV only codes and TV & Broadband codes too.

Soldato
OK Thank you, will get in touch, are the current offers you have the following still?

40% off all of Sky TV - Your friend can create whichever TV package they like and get a whopping 40% off.

Or

40% off all of Sky TV - Your friend can create whichever TV package they like and get a whopping 40% off.
Superfast Broadband - They can also save over 20% with Superfast Broadband with free Sky Broadband Boost, including our new WiFi Guarantee.

Caporegime
OP
OK Thank you, will get in touch, are the current offers you have the following still?

Or

Superfast Broadband - They can also save over 20% with Superfast Broadband with free Sky Broadband Boost, including our new WiFi Guarantee.
Yes.

Back
Top Bottom