MIKROTIK RBSXTR&R11e-LTE

Soldato
No, it’s using the command line which can be executed from Winbox. When I asked earlier which interface you were using I meant which of the 3 LTE interfaces you have defined are you using in your system.

Soldato
Don't take this the wrong way but if you're dealing with MT kit for a profession and it sounds like this may be needed in a production environment. Really consider doing an MTCNA course. It'll familiarise you with the operating system, ways of accessing it and teach you the basics you need to move around settings without needing to Google everything.

I've emailed a chap I consulted for to get his APN settings for you, I'll post back with them when he responds.

Soldato
You've lost me sorry

Mikrotik offer 4 options to access Routerboard devices.

RouterOS is the operating system that runs on Mikrotik devices. It’s Mikrotik’s core product. The hardware is just an add-on to the software business. Think Microsoft Surface as the hardware add-on for Windows.

The 4 options to interact with Routerboard devices are;

Quickset - this is a get you up-and-running interface built into the devices. It’s for use once only.
Webfig is the on-board full-feature interface for the devices. It’s pretty much everything most people need.
SSH is also available through something like PuTTY.
Winbox is a stand-alone Windows exe that gives you access to EVERYTHING on a RouterOS device, accessible from anywhere by MAC address, IP address or domain. It also has a command-line editor built in.

so, that’s the software access bit clarified hopefully.

Beyond that, in RouterOS, you specify Interfaces and Bridges to join the interfaces to other items.

You have specified 3 LTE interfaces and you can connect any of them to the Ethernet port(s) on the device. My question was, which LTE interface do you have connected to ETH1 as that’s the one that you can work with. Swapping the LTE interfaces on ETH1 will allow you to change which SIM is in use, Up (0/1) or Down (1/2). Mikrotik don’t help themselves by referring to the SIM slots by 3 different names either.

Mikrotik offer 4 options to access Routerboard devices.

RouterOS is the operating system that runs on Mikrotik devices. It’s Mikrotik’s core product. The hardware is just an add-on to the software business. Think Microsoft Surface as the hardware add-on for Windows.

The 4 options to interact with Routerboard devices are;

Quickset - this is a get you up-and-running interface built into the devices. It’s for use once only.
Webfig is the on-board full-feature interface for the devices. It’s pretty much everything most people need.
SSH is also available through something like PuTTY.
Winbox is a stand-alone Windows exe that gives you access to EVERYTHING on a RouterOS device, accessible from anywhere by MAC address, IP address or domain. It also has a command-line editor built in.

so, that’s the software access bit clarified hopefully.

Beyond that, in RouterOS, you specify Interfaces and Bridges to join the interfaces to other items.

You have specified 3 LTE interfaces and you can connect any of them to the Ethernet port(s) on the device. My question was, which LTE interface do you have connected to ETH1 as that’s the one that you can work with. Swapping the LTE interfaces on ETH1 will allow you to change which SIM is in use, Up (0/1) or Down (1/2). Mikrotik don’t help themselves by referring to the SIM slots by 3 different names either.

WJA96 thank you for taking the time.

I've played on and off with Mikrotik stuff but never had time or chance to fully play with it. I've just had a review meeting at work and alike a recommendation made earlier today I have requested the option to go and train on things, to be official, have certification. My boss was very open to it as I explained it'll allow me to benefit the businesses. It's not helped taking on everything after the old IT Manager left.

I think I miss understood your question. I have used a combination of the 4 methods of interaction with the device. Sadly any notes I had have been lost thanks to my the cleaner.

I am confused when you say I specified 3 LTE interfaces, I think you mean on the screen shot I'd posted on page 1. Right now I am connected as thus

POE Injector > ETH1
ETH2 POE OUT > Mikrtoik HAP AC Lite

On the device the slots are A & B, forget what the software listed them as.

Soldato
Right I’ve got the unit with me now so I can have a proper play.
I’ve backed it up as it already is as the Vodaphone is working. So least any issues I’m covered.
Will factory reset the device now.

A working EE APN setting for you:

Code:
/interface lte apn
add apn=everywhere authentication=chap default-route-distance=1 name="EE internet" password=secure user=eesecure

Hope this helps you out.

Soldato
Which bit isn't working for you? Is it not allowing you to import the APN or have you put the config in and it still won't grab internet? Any chance of some screenshots or export of current config?

Back
Top Bottom