Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Wow he is certainly missing out by not building it with you. Teaches so many useful skills like following the instructions, concentration, dexterity to name a few.

Caporegime
:p the first one was pretty therapeutic to build. He’s definitely enjoying them though, I’m just trying my best to not look like I’m scared of him breaking it when playing with it :D

Eh? He should be breaking it! And building something else too, in fact he should have probably built the thing in the first place... that's half the fun and where a lot of the educational value comes from too.

Get him to break it and build whatever he wants tbh... :)

Soldato
Monitor Audio Bronze 2 bookshelf speakers in walnut.

6CBIbOah.jpg

Loads more bass and mid bass compared to the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1s they're replacing. They sound very good for £279.

I got the black version with a Marantz PM6005 on my desk and think they sound really good. I did have a bit of an issue with the bass being a little boomy, so placed them on some granite chopping boards with silicone feet and that cured it. Think the bass must have been amplified by the desk somehow...

Caporegime
Getting back into Model Power Boats...this is quickly getting out of hand :D

20191017_114700.jpg

IMG-20191017-WA0010.jpg

Soldato
This thing is going to be a bit of a weapon. It is a racing grade carbon fibre hull and I'll be fitting a 7bhp 15cc Nitro engine to it. Hoping for speeds of 50mph+

7 horses behind that?! :eek: Crikey. My 14ft dingy only had a 10hp outboard (no launch fees), and that went well enough, lol.

I know nothing about model boats but I bet that takes some delicate balancing.

Caporegime
7 horses behind that?! :eek: Crikey.

I know nothing about model boats but I bet that takes some delicate balancing.
Indeed, I am happy to do a build thread in November when I am likely coming to the UK and taking a week off work, can build it in that time. If anyone is interested :)

Balancing wise is not too bad. The supplier told me where the centre of gravity is, so you make a mark and position the equipment in the boat (it more or less goes in the same place with each boat/build anyway, a bit like a PC) and then fine tune it until its balancing on the COG. Mark the position and that is where you will fit the parts :)

The boat did come with a lot o the hardware to fit inside, but I thought it would be mostly lost on this forum, so I didn't share that.

Here is a similar but smaller boat of mine, its got a heavier fibreglass hull with a slightly less powerful engine and quickly accelerates to about 40-43mph (tested via GPS speedo) - they do not hang about! Just big boys toys :)

Back
Top Bottom