El Chapo: Heavy fighting erupts in Culiacán

Permabanned
Just legalize drugs and undercut the cartels. This way when people buy from the Goverment they can be offered help. They built thier power on the demand for this and they let them and lost money in the process.

Legal drugs would kill thr cartels all they will be able to do is try to undercut the Gov on a black market. But it should fail if unlike Cannabis they do not add so much fake tax and red tape.

Soldato
Is funny because one of our members recently tried to argue that mexico wasn't a narco state. Is not funny because it is and innocent people are dying as a result.

Still sore about that I see? I never argued anything of the sort: I simply said that the area I lived in didn't experience the sort of violence you see on TV.

For the benefit of those who didn't read the original thread, I mentioned that I didn't like the idea of everybody driving around with cameras and reporting others to the police for minor traffic offences, Dis86 then took that to mean that I moved to Mexico because I enjoy living a life of crime and violence. Definitely one of the most bizarre things I've ever read on here.

Soldato
Given its massive problems, murder capital of the world etc i'm often surprised so many people choose to visit such a place.

It's a huge country, with a lot to offer. It's not all drug cartels and murder. A lot of the drug issues are centralised in the North West (Baja) where I'm not going and in the poorer, non tourist cities. In the same way you're not going to go walking round the worst areas of Glasgow or whatever your home town is late at night, you aren't going to go to the worst areas when on holiday.

no different to people visiting LA when South Central was a zoo. It's not like every street and road is life-threatening. if it were, no travel company would go near it in the first place and no insurance company, silver level or otherwise, would touch you.

I was being very tongue in cheek, the crime issue hasn't really bothered me. Sure, I'm aware of it but I'm not going to take the cheapest bus at night and wear my Rolex on one wrist and a Omeaga on the other whilst proudly displaying my Gucci belt.

Soldato
It's a huge country, with a lot to offer. It's not all drug cartels and murder. A lot of the drug issues are centralised in the North West (Baja) where I'm not going and in the poorer, non tourist cities. In the same way you're not going to go walking round the worst areas of Glasgow or whatever your home town is late at night, you aren't going to go to the worst areas when on holiday.

I was being very tongue in cheek, the crime issue hasn't really bothered me. Sure, I'm aware of it but I'm not going to take the cheapest bus at night and wear my Rolex on one wrist and a Omeaga on the other whilst proudly displaying my Gucci belt.
just assume the boxing stance, they won't mess w/ you :D

Soldato
I think those guys with that amount of hardware are not bothered by tourists with an iphone or a watch...

I had never really seen anything about actual cartel behaviour but those videos are crazy :o

Soldato
Next season of Narcos Mexico going to be interesting....

On a serious note why dosnt Mexico government ask for international assistance on destroying these cartels it was done before with Pablo Escobar in Colombia.

There use to be a website years ago forgot the name which posted all the sick killings of these Mexico cartels tieing up and torturing a young girl absolute sick the world needs to stand up and get rid because it clear Mexico cant do it by themselves.

Im generally someone who dosnt advocate war but something needs to be done this has gone on way to long the country needs peace.

Caporegime
OP
Looks like they're having a lot of fun on this rampage.

Surprised they're even bothering to cover their faces, they were pretty casual about being filmed actively blocking roads etc.. yesterday and even approaching security forces and shaking their hands.

The whole situation over there is just so nuts - it was only a few years ago that some corrupt Mayor and his wife had 43 student protestors taken off a bus by the police, arrested, handed over to cartel members and then murdered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Iguala_mass_kidnapping

Soldato
I don't think those masks are being worn to primarily hide their faces, they're just wearing them for the ***** and giggles.

Yes, I reckon you're right. They're sitting in a motor for all to see, tooled up with music blaring and wearing neon masks. They're just letting everyone know they don't give a ****.

Caporegime
OP
I don't think those masks are being worn to primarily hide their faces, they're just wearing them for the ***** and giggles.

True - it is rather chilling. As a poster said earlier - Mexico needs US help here like Columbia had. They're too corrupt at the moment, security forces too compromised to deal with it properly.

Tbh.. with all this stuff in the neighbouring country then it is not too surprising that some Americans want a border wall and/or better monitoring of their southern border.

Back
Top Bottom