** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
They can take all the time they want to make sure this game is worth the wait as far as im concerned. Love the initial look of it and with the value i got from D3 in terms of hours played ive no doubt this will be great

Soldato
OP
They can take all the time they want to make sure this game is worth the wait as far as im concerned.

Totally agree; I'd rather they took their time and got it right the first time than just shove it out the door to hit a deadline, or it'll just quickly fizzle and burn out, and even worse, it may hinder future Diablo projects if they get another poorly received Diablo product.

Soldato
Is it just me or could the graphics have been better?

Maybe just early footage.... but I was thinking they could have done a lot more with graphics at this point in time. It's 2019.... we got RTX cards and all that jazz. Plus it's top down so can get away with more demanding stuff.

I love the direction they are going. Back to diablos original roots so no complaints there.

Soldato
OP
Reddit had a private Q&A with two of the developers, some interesting stuff in it! Added a bunch of new bits and bobs to the notes spoilers in the first post if anyone wants to check it out.

Is it just me or could the graphics have been better?

Maybe just early footage.... but I was thinking they could have done a lot more with graphics at this point in time. It's 2019.... we got RTX cards and all that jazz. Plus it's top down so can get away with more demanding stuff.

I love the direction they are going. Back to diablos original roots so no complaints there.

I'd imagine it's just that it's pre-alpha / alpha. There's lots of graphical issues I noticed, like it doesn't appear to use any anti-aliasing, the lightning is off on monsters like some just aren't reacting to light sources, and there's clipping and camera issues. Can't imagine they'd release the game like that, and I'd hope that in 18 months or so (or whenever the game comes out) it'll have came on a long way. But yeah the direction they are taking looks great and I'm glad they've gone back to "serious mode" with the tone of the game, and as per that Reddit Q&A I mentioned above, they are aiming for a slightly slower Diablo 3 pace with a world as grimey and putrid as Diablo 1 and 2.

Here's some HD screenshots though: https://imgur.com/a/0YxKLSd

Back
Top Bottom