1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** Diablo 4 Thread **

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by flibby, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Omaeka

Sgarrista

Coming out within the next 1-3 years is the worst thing that could happen to the game, it needs proper time to come out as a real game not like 3 which was very mediocre until Reaper of souls and as a whole package worse than D2 in almost every way.

2. TonTom

Gangster

Loved the trailer. Hope it’s more like D2 than D3. Oh and no auction house.

3. Mark1989

Capodecina

I only played Diablo3 and I loved it, so to me if 4 is like that and improves upon on it am happy

4. azazl187

Wise Guy

I wasnt impressed with the trailer tbh. Whats with all the female protagonists/main evil person at the moment? The best thing about Diablo is well..... Diablo! Not his sister\daughter\aunty\mother whatever

5. .Lethal

Soldato

no one said Lilith would be the main bad guy, not to mention she’s one of two people that created sanctuary (the world humans live on in diablo).

diablo and all the prime evils are free after the events in diablo 3 so wait and see what happens.

6. Darujhistan

Mobster

Did they scrap the upcoming mobile game that was so popular?

7. LiE

Capodecina

I'll definitely be getting this on launch.

8. dragonslayer

Hitman

Same I'll probably pre-order it due to how much I enjoyed D3

9. flibby

Sgarrista

Still coming out! They had it at Blizzcon and the Demon Hunter was playable to test, but there's no release date for it still.

10. Kainz

Capodecina

Haven't played Diablo since the first game and I was a massive, massive fan of that. I helped beta test Raymond's trainers. The lore and everything was so addictive, as were the books that I still have.

I got sick of the long wait for Diablo 2 and never played as a result. The third game I briefly tried and it felt too similar to D1 UI wise. Then I was blown away by the D4 cinematic video with Liliff only to learn that the damn thing is years away. What was the point in releasing this video now??

11. ic1male

Caporegime

Everybody was having a fit last year when it wasn't announced. So I think they're trying to win back some goodwill.

12. Kainz

Capodecina

Ah cheers. I didn’t really follow last year’s events as it seemed mobile focused.

13. azazl187

Wise Guy

It looks pretty obvious to me that she will be the end boss on the campaign

14. CREATIVE!11

Soldato

To be fair looks a lot better there.

I can't wait though, I loved diablo 2.

15. flibby

Sgarrista

Maybe, maybe not. I've no doubt we'll fight her at some point, but Lilith is a complicated character; she may even come to our aid at some point. You've got the Prime Evils, such as Diablo, and Lesser Evils, like Azmodan and Belial from Diablo 3, who are quite simply 100% evil to the core; but Lilith is more like 70% evil 30% good. She's the mother of the Nephalem (the characters we play in all Diablo games) and she created Sanctuary, the mortal realm where humanity and the Nephalem live, from the Worldstone with Inarius (an angel that fell in love with her, and her with him) who shared her vision to create a world where angels and demons could live together in peace outside of the Eternal Conflict (the never-ending battle between Heaven and Hell). She wanted to end the Eternal Conflict by other more peaceful means rather than simply exterminating one side as is Diablo, Baal, and Mephisto's vision (the Prime Evils).

She's a really interesting character with a lot of layers and depth, and her being the central point of the game will make for a potentially very interesting story in Diablo 4.

16. Brok

Wise Guy

Hoping for some pre 1.03 levels of difficulty here, beating the game on Inferno prior to the massive damage nerfs was some of the most fun I've had in Diablo even if it was goddamn hard (and yes I know, was nigh on impossible for some classes).

I also quite liked the auction house although I know a lot of people were glad to see it go!

17. flibby

Sgarrista

I've updated the original post with a bunch of new info taken from all the interviews I've watched from the major streamers like wolfcryer, Rhykker, Quin69, etc, that they've done with the developers (see the "Detailed Game Information" spoiler).

Some new bits and bobs below from the systems panel also that just finished.

Here's some screenshots I took

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  18. Malevolence

Capodecina

I assume they meant to say returning from Diablo 3. Worst news in the whole thread if true. I ******* hate those two with a passion. Mortar can one shot you from off the screen before you even see the enemy, and frozen is impossible to see on the ground if you're colour blind like me and/or running a Demon Hunter with Polar Station Sentries.

19. flibby

Sgarrista

Whoops, sorry, yeah it should have said Diablo 3. I've not seen Mortar on the demos or any gameplay, but I've definitely seen Frozen, and it looks identical - 5 or 6 patches of circular ice with a ball in the middle that starts wobbling and eventually blows up. The difference this time is they've stated that lots of skills for every class have an innate "Unstoppable" effect which instantly removes any crowd control and makes you temporarily immune, so it shouldn't be rage inducing as it is in Diablo 3... hopefully!

20. jasonsony735

Wise Guy

Looks bloody awesome but not happy about the year + long wait for it... kinda looks like across with wow / Diablo going for the always online approach.