• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X670 CPU Support

Soldato
https://www.wepc.com/reviews/ddr5-latest/

Clock for clock at 3200MHZ DDR5 is 36% faster than DDR4. However that is measured bandwidth. As correctly @4K8KW10 said, we need to look at latencies also.
It would be pointless to have 120ns DDR5 ram, when we get lower than 60ns with DDR4 these days.

It will also come at quite a premium price wise for what will be very basic modules compared to what will come a year or so later when it's fully up to speed.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Yeah. DDR5 won't be cheap for the first couple of years.

that’s what my tin foil hate rankings was about and being forced to ddr5 sooner or later so everyone can make more money.

but the question is though will it cost more then ddr4 shortage price though though not long ago becouse I can not rember ddr 4 being that price at launch .

Soldato
that’s what my tin foil hate rankings was about and being forced to ddr5 sooner or later so everyone can make more money.

but the question is though will it cost more then ddr4 shortage price though though not long ago becouse I can not rember ddr 4 being that price at launch .

DDR4 is cheap currently, https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3600mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08q-tg.html this is a steal.

I paid ~£150 for that in August. And they say RAM prices are about to go up too - saw it this week, can't find where now. But fast DDR4 is cheap currently.

TrM

TrM

Associate
DDR4 is cheap currently, https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3600mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08q-tg.html this is a steal.

I paid ~£150 for that in August. And they say RAM prices are about to go up too - saw it this week, can't find where now. But fast DDR4 is cheap currently.

I paid 119.99 for that ram but that’s not the point I was trying to make though 16 months ago the ram was double that price due to the shortage. But at launch I think I only paid £100 for my Corsair 2666 ram but when that went up to well over 150 at one time. Now ddr 4 prices are a good price again but ddr 5 will push prices up again again and I wonder if it will be same price as it was in the shortage :)

Soldato
I paid 119.99 for that ram but that’s not the point I was trying to make though 16 months ago the ram was double that price due to the shortage. But at launch I think I only paid £100 for my Corsair 2666 ram but when that went up to well over 150 at one time. Now ddr 4 prices are a good price again but ddr 5 will push prices up again again and I wonder if it will be same price as it was in the shortage :)

Oh mate, wasn't trying to discredit your post at all, in fact, what I posted had no real relevance to your post. I was just trying to highlight to the OP that to get decent high frequency RAM @ DDR4 is a winner currently. I don't doubt your post is true. I was just adding to it, in a rather odd way. My bad.

Soldato
You don't make small changes to the APUs which don't work properly in the first place, or in other words have extremely bad performance. You must fix their performance, so it's updated to the modern requirements.

I don't think that for the normal desktop PCs it really matters how much the memory modules draw, what is more important to not have such power hogs like i9-9900K, especially at 5GHz, and AMD's graphics cards with their subpar performance per watt.

Norman desktop users are the minority. The majority are using portable devices where power efficiency is extremely important.

When DDR5 gets released, there’ll be modules out that are faster than the fastest DDR4, so just enjoy it

Permabanned
Norman desktop users are the minority. The majority are using portable devices where power efficiency is extremely important.

When DDR5 gets released, there’ll be modules out that are faster than the fastest DDR4, so just enjoy it

Err, there will be super expensive DDR5 modules faster than DDR4-4266? I think I will just skip those, it isn't possible to enjoy something meaningless and which is put down your throat by as much force as they can have..

Soldato
Err, there will be super expensive DDR5 modules faster than DDR4-4266? I think I will just skip those, it isn't possible to enjoy something meaningless and which is put down your throat by as much force as they can have..

You buy or you don’t, your decision. No-one is sticking anything down your throat, no need to be dramatic/sensationalist, we’re talking about RAM here

Back
Top Bottom