Valve Index display quality?

Soldato
The touch controllers are the better controller. Better joystick, better ergonomics, better quality buttons.

The Index controllers are just far more advanced technolically but get the basics wrong.

Associate
OP
I'm going to have to do some research on hand span and size concerning the knuckle controllers; not everyone seems to find the placement a problem, but for others it's a big "nope". Trying to imagine myself holding a knuckle controller, I do wonder if I'd be stretching my own thumb or not past it's own comfort level, compared to how it would just rest on top of an Oculus touch stick, which on it's own, just makes more sense. I could just be over-analyzing what could just be entirely 100% personal preference, but I wanna compare various hand size metrics with strangers who happen to own Index knuckle controllers on the internet (is that weird??????).

Conveniently enough a friend has recently gotten an Oculus Quest, this is a pitch perfect opportunity to put my eyes to the test ;)

Soldato
Its fine I'm sure you'll get used to it. I'll get an Index eventually as those finger tracking mechanics look dope in games that support them.

Caporegime
I just temporarily put mine on a corner cabinet and one on the computer desk in opposite corners of the room.

As long as they point to the middle they work fine and don't even have to be the same height.

The wall mounts also act as little stands.

Associate
To be fair I can hear the originals if it's silly o'clock in the morning with no other sounds around but that's unusual to be that quiet. Mine stay on 24/7 (and have done for 3 odd years now) and I don't notice them.

Associate
In regard to VI delivery. I tried to time mine for delivery next week while im on holiday. I ordered during the day on the Tuesday and got tracking info from Royal Mail for delivery on the Friday. On the email you can dekay delivery to suit your needs. I picked dekay 24 hours so hopefully it turns up tomorrow. Id on Monday

Caporegime
Blimey the base stations put out a horrible sound.

I think one is worse than the other. My wife couldn't put up with it and asked me to turn one off after 2 minutes.

I found the setting that turns them off completely when you exit Steam VR - Much better now.

They were also interfering with my Harmony Remote as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
In regard to VI delivery. I tried to time mine for delivery next week while im on holiday. I ordered during the day on the Tuesday and got tracking info from Royal Mail for delivery on the Friday. On the email you can dekay delivery to suit your needs. I picked dekay 24 hours so hopefully it turns up tomorrow. Id on Monday

Still waiting for mine -.-

Last tracking was on Saturday where it left a GLS centre but then it hasn't been received by the main courier so no idea where it is!

Back
Top Bottom