Can I send an sms to all contacts (number change after years)...

Soldato
Hi All

is there a way I can send a mass sms with my new contact card to a large amount of people or is there an app I can install to do this?

I’ve been looking online and I can’t seem to find a simple way to do this.....

Or am I missing the obvious

Cheers

Soldato
Not seen anything specific for the iPhone Xs Max - Presumably that's the phone you're using?

Generally you can multi-select which contacts to send to, at which point you just tick every box in the list... or create a group and add everyone, then send to the group.

Some phones do have a Send To All menu option as well.

Soldato
OP
Michael McIntyre has you covered!
He is a funny guy! :)
Not seen anything specific for the iPhone Xs Max - Presumably that's the phone you're using?

Generally you can multi-select which contacts to send to, at which point you just tick every box in the list... or create a group and add everyone, then send to the group.

Some phones do have a Send To All menu option as well.

I can't seem to add more than 10 contacts either individually or within a group? or I am totally missing the obvious :) which has happened

Soldato
I can't seem to add more than 10 contacts either individually or within a group? or I am totally missing the obvious :) which has happened
OK, let's look at some obvious things...

How many contacts are displayed on the one page? How many contacts do you have in total?
Presumably you're scrolling down the list, or swiping to move to page 2, 3, 4, etc?

Rather than doing it within the message, have you tried multi-selecting from the Contacts app (address book, or whatever it's called on iOS), and then adding them to the group that way?

Soldato
OP
OK, let's look at some obvious things...

How many contacts are displayed on the one page? How many contacts do you have in total?
Presumably you're scrolling down the list, or swiping to move to page 2, 3, 4, etc?

Rather than doing it within the message, have you tried multi-selecting from the Contacts app (address book, or whatever it's called on iOS), and then adding them to the group that way?
  • I have over 200+ contacts but only want to message 95
  • Yes scrolling/swiping
  • I can't add multiple contacts within the contacts app as there is no option to
  • There is no way to highlight multiple contacts within the contact list within iMessage
  • I have even turned iMessage off within the settings to see if that enables me to do more than 10 :confused: no joy
I think I'm going to have to batch them up into groups of 10 and do it that way, I can WhatsApp them all but I don't want to share all the info with everyone in that sense

Soldato
Does the list of 10 you have available have a tick box next to each contact, or do you long-press to add them, or... how do you add these?
I cannot believe you're unable to add more than 10... even if iMessage won't let you, basic text messaging should still permit it.

Is each SMS done as a separate text, and thus limited by your PAYG credit, or something, or maybe the iCloud space in iMessage?
Is there anything in the Settings that might shed some light?

Wait a minute.....
https://help.contrast.co/hc/en-us/articles/203651265-Sending-to-large-groups-with-Group-Text-

"Different providers impose different limits on how large an MMS group message can be; some providers' limits are as low as 10."

There ya go - Change provider.... and get an Android phone! :p

Soldato
OP
Does the list of 10 you have available have a tick box next to each contact, or do you long-press to add them, or... how do you add these?
I cannot believe you're unable to add more than 10... even if iMessage won't let you, basic text messaging should still permit it.

Is each SMS done as a separate text, and thus limited by your PAYG credit, or something, or maybe the iCloud space in iMessage?
Is there anything in the Settings that might shed some light?

Wait a minute.....
https://help.contrast.co/hc/en-us/articles/203651265-Sending-to-large-groups-with-Group-Text-

"Different providers impose different limits on how large an MMS group message can be; some providers' limits are as low as 10."

There ya go - Change provider.... and get an Android phone! :p
Yes I'm beginning to think the same, I used to be able to do this simply when I had my Pixel 2XL but forced to use iPhones at work now :( Thanks for the advice though @ttaskmaster ;)

Back
Top Bottom