Police dealing with incident on London Bridge amid reports of shots fired

Man of Honour
To lighten the mood from all the political point scoring on here, this is how it all went down in our house.
We were watching it all unfold on a couple of News Channels at home, near Tower Bridge on Friday, around 3.00 to 3.30 p.m., when my wife said, “Is that anywhere near where we were on Tuesday?”
Tuesday was my birthday, and she sprang for lunch at a great steak place, Hawksmoor, in Winchester Walk, Borough Market.
I said, “Around 200 metres, maybe 275, why?”
She said, “Jeez, could you imagine the hassle trying to get a cab home if we’d gone there today?”
I said, “That’s why I love you Red, you are priceless.”
“What do you mean?” she answered.
I said, “There’s a gazillion cops running around on London Bridge, people are stabbed to death, bystanders jump on a terrorist, a cop blows him away, and all you can think of is would we have got a taxi home.”

Caporegime
To lighten the mood from all the political point scoring on here, this is how it all went down in our house.
We were watching it all unfold on a couple of News Channels at home, near Tower Bridge on Friday, around 3.00 to 3.30 p.m., when my wife said, “Is that anywhere near where we were on Tuesday?”
Tuesday was my birthday, and she sprang for lunch at a great steak place, Hawksmoor, in Winchester Walk, Borough Market.
I said, “Around 200 metres, maybe 275, why?”
She said, “Jeez, could you imagine the hassle trying to get a cab home if we’d gone there today?”
I said, “That’s why I love you Red, you are priceless.”
“What do you mean?” she answered.
I said, “There’s a gazillion cops running around on London Bridge, people are stabbed to death, bystanders jump on a terrorist, a cop blows him away, and all you can think of is would we have got a taxi home.”

Wow...she sounds like a lovely human. Congrats on netting her.

Caporegime
Caporegime
care to screener and post?

iYPAhr.png

Caporegime
Sad that there's people out there creating/sharing fake crap like this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tter-hoax-fake-terror-shot-dead-a9226866.html

Well despite being fake it reflects his actual views on this sort of thing... unless he wants to explain how he can bemoan the killings of the ISIS leader and Bin Laden, say that they should have been arrested instead etc...

If he is going to do a 180 with regards to this particular incident then it would be interesting to know why.

Soldato
Well despite being fake it reflects his actual views on this sort of thing... unless he wants to explain how he can bemoan the killings of the ISIS leader and Bin Laden, say that they should have been arrested instead etc...

If he is going to do a 180 with regards to this particular incident then it would be interesting to know why.
Ah, so fake news and lies are fine as long as they reflect your opinion on a matter.

It's only a good idea if you harbour the hypocrisy to object if the other side do it too.

A shortage of hypocrisy isn't going to be problem though, is it?

Caporegime
Ah, so fake news and lies are fine as long as they reflect your opinion on a matter.

It's only a good idea if you harbour the hypocrisy to object if the other side do it too.

A shortage of hypocrisy isn't going to be problem though, is it?

Eh? You're projecting I think... where did I say fake news was fine?

Seems to be a common occurrence at the moment - people pop into this thread just to quote others because they have the wrong opinion on Corbyn or Brexit etc... they just can't help themselves - though the trend seems to be to basically throw in some straw man argument.

Back
Top Bottom