Police dealing with incident on London Bridge amid reports of shots fired

Caporegime
Nope, you're wrong. Where did I state he got sentenced to 8 years? I'm referring to what it actually amounted to and that is that he only got 8 years. His sentence was for longer than that in theory but in reality 8 years is what it amounted to.

You're completely missing the point - I'm criticising the status quo (not that I think Comrade Corbyn would have changed anything here either). Boris does appear to be pledging to review sentencing though.

Nope you are wrong. You said "he only got 8 years". He didn't, he got 16 years. Unless you want to link me to the court sentencing where it shows he got 8 years? Yes, the actual result of being sentenced to 16 years was that he got out after 8 years but they are two different things.

Caporegime
Nope you are wrong. You said "he only got 8 years". He didn't, he got 16 years. Unless you want to link me to the court sentencing where it shows he got 8 years?

You're making things up again.... he didn't spend 16 years in jail he spent 8 years in jail didn't he...

Yes, the actual result of being sentenced to 16 years was that he got out after 8 years but they are two different things.

Yes and you're the one conflating them not me - I'm referring to the 8 years.... I even clarified that for you in the previous post you just quoted. You decided to pretend I was referring to the official sentence rather than what he actually ended up with when I wasn't.

I'm well aware that people don't tend to serve the full time they're actually sentenced for thanks.

I don't know what you're trying to achieve here other than to argue against some trivial point that wasn't made in the first place.

But again, for the sake of clarity - I'm referring to the 8 years he served - that is ultimately, what he got.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Eh? You're projecting I think... where did I say fake news was fine?

Seems to be a common occurrence at the moment - people pop into this thread just to quote others because they have the wrong opinion on Corbyn or Brexit etc... they just can't help themselves - though the trend seems to be to basically throw in some straw man argument.

No people are confused as all you seem to have done is blame all of this on Corbyn or bring him into every post of yours. We all know you have a pathological hatred of him but seriously you dont have to bring him into every argument. One of these days I expect to open the Grpahics forum and you blaming the poor performance of the 3080ti in RTX on "comrade Corbyn". Its gone way beyond a joke. Perhaps try responding without using the word Corbyn so much?

Caporegime
You're making things up again....

Yes and you're the one conflating them not me - I'm referring to the 8 years.... I even clarified that for you in the previous post you just quoted. You decided to pretend I was referring to the official sentence rather than what he actually ended up with when I wasn't.

I'm well aware that people don't tend to serve the full time they're actually sentenced for thanks.

I don't know what you're trying to achieve here other than to argue against some trivial point that wasn't made in the first place.

But again, for the sake of clarity - I'm referring to the 8 years he served - that is ultimately, what he got.

Well thats great you have now clarified it - thanks. But that isnt what you said or claimed firstly but I can't be bothered to argue against you anymore as its pointless so lets move on.

Caporegime
No people are confused as all you seem to have done is blame all of this on Corbyn or bring him into every post of yours. [...]Perhaps try responding without using the word Corbyn so much?

Perhaps try responding to what I actually said. Where did I "blame it on Corbyn" - you're again just making things up because you're incapable of constructing even a basic argument.

Soldato
Eh? You're projecting I think... where did I say fake news was fine?

Seems to be a common occurrence at the moment - people pop into this thread just to quote others because they have the wrong opinion on Corbyn or Brexit etc... they just can't help themselves - though the trend seems to be to basically throw in some straw man argument.
You posted a defense of fake news and lies saying, "well, it reflects his views" before repeating a load of stuff you've already posted a number of times about Corbyn.

There's no strawman argument, there's just you, once again being disingenuous and defending something you'd never tolerate if it was conducted by an equally biased frother from the other side.

Caporegime
Well thats great you have now clarified it - thanks. But that isnt what you said or claimed firstly but I can't be bothered to argue against you anymore as its pointless so lets move on.

It is, it is literally what I was referring to in the first place... you decided you knew better even after I made it clear (though notably you had to pretend I specifically said sentenced to 8 years when I didn't - note that's you inserting a word that wasn't present int he post, it is you constructing a made up argument). Again, read what I actually posted.. pay attention to what I've actually said... and if you want clarification then just ask instead of quoting me multiple times to argue against something that you've made up yourself.

Caporegime
You posted a defense of fake news and lies saying,

No I didn't - is this like some straw man competition against everyone who is still salty from the Brexit thread... you're all so keen to have a pop.

"well, it reflects his views" before repeating a load of stuff you've already posted a number of times about Corbyn.

It does reflect his views, the stuff being repeated is literally the reasons for that claim!

There's no strawman argument, there's just you, once again being disingenuous and defending something you'd never tolerate if it was conducted by an equally biased frother from the other side.

There is - you're literally making one.

Again - as per the poster above - why not just deal with what I've actually posted instead of adding in things to argue against (some claimed defence of fake news that isn't there) or your projection of what I would or wouldn't say in some other scenario.

You're the one being disingenuous here.

Caporegime
It is, it is literally what I was referring to in the first place... you decided you knew better even after I made it clear (though notably you had to pretend I specifically said sentenced to 8 years when I didn't - note that's you inserting a word that wasn't present int he post, it is you constructing a made up argument). Again, read what I actually posted.. pay attention to what I've actually said... and if you want clarification then just ask instead of quoting me multiple times to argue against something that you've made up yourself.

No you said "he got 8 years" People when sentenced to 20 years they say "he got 20 years". Its irrelevant that he might be out in 10 or 15 or even the full 20 years. Fact is he got 16 years. End of. You seem obsessed with arguing for no reason. Please pay attention to what you post rather than implying people who read your posts aren't paying attention. Perhaps, you know, sometimes think everybody else on this forum is right and you are wrong sometimes?

Its still a perfectly valid point to make that he should have got more than 16 years. Perhaps he should have got 40 years and being out in 20 years. Perhaps he should have got life. Perhaps concentrate on the point you are trying to make rather than defend the indefensible and spend 10 posts arguing against a minor fact you got wrong?

Soldato
Well despite being fake it reflects his actual views on this sort of thing...
You posted a defense of fake news and lies saying, "well, it reflects his views"
No I didn't - is this like some straw man competition against everyone who is still salty from the Brexit thread... you're all so keen to have a pop.
No. It's just people calling you out for being so consistently dishonest. Look at your 2 posts and see how ridiculous your denials make you look.

Caporegime
No you said "he got 8 years" People when sentenced to 20 years they say "he got 20 years".

Right and as I clarified I'm referring to what he actually got. He wasn't just sentenced... he's served his time and has been released. If you read the news becomes very apparent... 8 years is what he served... and I also clarified that the first time you pointed it out... so repeatedly quoting me to waffle on about how his official sentence is for something longer seems like a lot of time wasting - why are you obsessed with making such a pedantic argument?

Its irrelevant that he might be out in 10 or 15 or even the full 20 years. Fact is he got 16 years. End of. You seem obsessed with arguing for no reason.

You're the one making the argument not me - I'm just replying to your drivel.

Please pay attention to what you post rather than implying people who read your posts aren't paying attention. Perhaps, you know, sometimes think everybody else on this forum is right and you are wrong sometimes?

Its still a perfectly valid point to make that he should have got more than 16 years. Perhaps he should have got 40 years and being out in 20 years. Perhaps he should have got life. Perhaps concentrate on the point you are trying to make rather than defend the indefensible and spend 10 posts arguing against a minor fact you got wrong?

You're the one making the pedantic argument here not me - why on earth are you assuming that other people aren't aware that in the UK people often only serve part of their actual sentence.

I'd much rather concentrate on the point I was actually making thanks, I've reminded you a few times to pay attention to what I've actually said, I've clarified this nonsense a few times too... and yet you repeatedly quote me to argue the toss over some stupid point that didn't need to be made as I'm well aware already that the sentence actually served isn't the same as the sentence he was given on paper.

so just to clarify yet again - I'm referring to the 8 years that he actually got in jail... the 8 years that he actually served... not whatever he got sentenced to in theory.

Last edited:
Caporegime
No. It's just people calling you out for being so consistently dishonest. Look at your 2 posts and see how ridiculous your denials make you look.

Nice deflection - so again - where did I defend fake news? Commenting on the fake news story isn't defending it....

@dowie do you really have to be centre of attention in every thread? It's getting a bit old.

Nope - I didn't ask people to come in here and quote me multiple times with straw man arguments... but I do seem to attract them. They're both people from the Brexit thread who've just decided to quote me and make up their own arguments.

Caporegime
To be fair most of your posts are fake news anyway.

@VincentHanna

See, there is yet another one of the salty types from SC... and again nothing constructive or of value from him, he's just here to vent just as the other two are... though he's gone for the direct approach instead of quoting one of my posts and projecting a bit/attacking a straw man instead of discussing what has actually been said.

Soldato
I do love the way incidents like this bring out Twitter spats between MPs.... :)

79150195_10157445955884279_5774329473566507008_o.png

Soldato
If true, this is going to ruin some people's narrative...

Do you want a big shoe horn and some straws to go with all the grasping and jamming of extremities into footwear?

What narrative are you on about? I'm sure plenty of ardent Brexiteers actually have a fair amount of admiration for the poles as a people for the stoicism and bravery many have shown and for the refusal from many of their leaders to accept the EU's attempts to foist unwanted migrants on them.

Its not at all incongruent to respect and admire the Polish people in general and not want the UK to remain in the EU and not to want the accompanying free movement that goes with it.

You might as well say that the murderer on day release getting involved goes against the 'narrative that murderers in general should be held in prisons in case they are needed to bravely intervene in a terroist situation on the off chance one such scenario unfolds in front of them.

Caporegime
Right and as I clarified I'm referring to what he actually got. He wasn't just sentenced... he's served his time and has been released. If you read the news becomes very apparent... 8 years is what he served... and I also clarified that the first time you pointed it out... so repeatedly quoting me to waffle on about how his official sentence is for something longer seems like a lot of time wasting - why are you obsessed with making such a pedantic argument?

You're the one making the argument not me - I'm just replying to your drivel.

You're the one making the pedantic argument here not me - why on earth are you assuming that other people aren't aware that in the UK people often only serve part of their actual sentence.

I'd much rather concentrate on the point I was actually making thanks, I've reminded you a few times to pay attention to what I've actually said, I've clarified this nonsense a few times too... and yet you repeatedly quote me to argue the toss over some stupid point that didn't need to be made as I'm well aware already that the sentence actually served isn't the same as the sentence he was given on paper.

so just to clarify yet again - I'm referring to the 8 years that he actually got in jail... the 8 years that he actually served... not whatever he got sentenced to in theory.

Why are you still going on and on about this? Yes we all know he served 8 years. You made a mistake. I corrected you but now you keep posting over and over and over. I said three posts ago, lets drop it as clearly you are never ever going to admit to a simple mistake and get on with the point (which may be valid) that you were trying to make but you just cant let it lie.

I was just making a simple correction as I knew the point you were trying to make that he didnt get a big enough sentence but there is no need to use an inaccuracy that he only "got 8 years" to justify your point.

I have paid attention to what you have said. Clearly you havent.

So lets move on. What is the point you are trying to make? (without the use of the words "comrade" or "Corybn" would be handy please)

Back
Top Bottom