Whats it with girls and height?

Soldato
Was just browsing my facebook and noticed an ex of mine who dated me when i was 16 or so posted a comment on a picture of me and a friend about 8 months ago. To quote "omg i wouldn't have dated you if i knew you would end up so short!"
About a week later my friend replied that he was in fact 6ft 5 and i'm about 6ish, maybe just under. She replied "phew!"
I've heard from shorter friends say in the 5ft4-8 range that they get a tough time with girls in that aspect. This girl is like 5ft 2 at best and i've noticed the shorter girls seem to want giants more than the taller ones :D I'm 37 and married with children so should really not care about all of this nonsense but am bored and it really amazes me that height is such a thing that bothers people!

Caporegime
Not sure why they go on about height when most of them are wearing clogs that add 5 inches to their height. They probably get light headed because of the thin air when they're wearing them. :p

Soldato
I've seen some screeching on social media from height obsessed women when blokes have turned around and pointed out they're carrying a few extra pounds or wearing several inches of makeup.

Always found it a bit ridiculous tbh, a person can't really help how tall or short they are. Someone can certainly help (in the vast majority of cases) whether they're overweight or look like a clown.

Soldato
Girls generally like to feel like the man they're with is capable of protecting them, it's an attractive trait, a partner being tall is a sign they're capable of that. Other stuff like being strong, having a bit of muscle, being a trained fighter, etc are also attractive traits for the same reason.

Caporegime
I've seen some screeching on social media from height obsessed women when blokes have turned around and pointed out they're carrying a few extra pounds or wearing several inches of makeup.

Putting it mildly, some munters i've seen wear so much makeup you could fire them out of a cannon into a wall and the makeup would absorb the impact.

Associate
I imagine its a bit weird for women to have their 'strong man' be shorter than them, it's definitely a weird feeling pulling a lanky bird whose notably taller than you... i imaginee its the same for tall birds with short blokes.

Caporegime
It's a fairly standard behaviour witnessed throughout primates, the size of the male used to go a long way, it's less important now obviously as we don't go around smashing up anyone smaller than us to show dominance but the genetic code is still there.

Caporegime
tbh.. dating apps ought to include the option to add both height and weight, appearance is an important element of attraction and if it matters to people then it saves both parties from wasting time.

xJd7038.jpg KgEo28I.jpg hfLXM5z.png

Soldato
Everyone is allowed their preferences.

Not all women are so inflexible on height, most of the women i have dated are my height on average, with a few being shorter or taller.
I am not particularly tall by any means, 5'10 and its never been an issue for me. I know some women can be mighty specific about it however generally if you are all round a decent bloke you will manage.

I imagine being short in itself is not a problem. It becomes a problem when you as a person are unable to provide anything of any sort that is attractive to the person you are interested in.
People who have bad dating experiences and blame it on height are usually missing something in some other department imo.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I would imagine because on average men are naturally taller than women, so above average height women will want above average height men etc. Weight is more about lifestyle than genetics.

Man of Honour
I'm not a lot taller than my fiancée, and in heels she is definitely taller than me.

I'm 6 foot but on the continent I usually feel like a midget.

I don't think a height preference is particularly outlandish or unreasonable.

Back
Top Bottom