2019 Mac Pro + Pro Display XDR...

Permabanned
Well it’s launched today and part of the fun is max speccing one and seeing what the price is. As predicted it is eye wateringly expensive.

28 core, 1.5Tb, 2x Pro Vega II, Afterburner card, 4Tb SSD with a triple screen Pro XDR and 3x stands is...

£66,783 :cool:

Soldato
wonder just upgradeable the base spec model is,

if the cpu upgrade is a goer then i reckon you could max it for well under a third of that 55k top spec price

Soldato
at the end of the day a 50k editing rig in a professional environment will pay for itself inside 12 months,

not to mention most places can take 20% off the top line straight away with claiming the vat back

Soldato
I notice that all the ones I've seen on YouTube so far are exactly the same spec so this must be the standard review model Apple are sending out.

Looking forward to see what @MacRS4 and @EyeDot think of theirs when they buy them ;)

I'm in HK at the minute - 12 core/48Gb unit should be waiting for me hopefully when I get back!

Soldato
not to mention most places can take 20% off the top line straight away with claiming the vat back

More than that tbh, it's not for retail kit like that really. I don't pay VAT, get a small business discount and if I buy through the education store first before applying the business discount the bus discount is on the edu discounted price. It's all tax-deductible too so it's out of pre-tax money as it's from my business. As to the 'real' impact on me it's roughly about 45% of the headline price ish.

For what it's worth I've just bought the 16" MBP, 32Gb, 1Tb RAM unit - UK retail GBP3159 - for.....this, and then got 10% further off on GST. Not sure what the import tax will be to be fair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom