Any way of using a large paella pan on an induction hob?

Soldato
I'm sorry but I don't understand the problem.

eg read this - https://dspace.lib.cranfield.ac.uk/...uction_cooker-2012.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

Nowadays, induction cooking is becoming a viable alternative to conventional cooking in the food and catering industry. It is more efficient than cooking with heating filaments, and at least 3 times more efficient than that of gas heating. It also provides a quiet, safe and low radiation cooking environment. However, the traditional single coil induction cooker generally suffers from the problems of localized thermal distribution and the resulting fast “aging” of the induction pan [1]. The geometry and the excitation of the induction coils fundamentally determine the heating area and thermal distribution of an induction cooker. Whilst replacing a single coil with smaller multiple coils could improve the distribution of magnetic field as well as the heat pattern of the induction cooker, there are further complications arising from the magnetic interference and electric insulation among the coils. Thus, comprehensive analyses on the magnetic and thermal fields are crucial for the optimized design of induction cookers with multi-coils.

also
https://www.centurylife.org/is-all-...s-it-cost-so-much-what-are-some-alternatives/
if you have a good pan it can distribute that heat better, to a larger pan area, and avoid scorching

Soldato
Mine works fine (cheap Lidl one), but the heat is too focused to get the real benefits of it. I've not tried it on my new hob NEFF T59TS61N0 with the multi zone stuff to try to get the pan heat spread out more evenly.

Soldato
on my new hob NEFF T59TS61N0
- TwistPad Fire Control 918mm Induction Hob With FlexInduction Zones

don't know about the control, but the zoneless/flexinduction should indicate it is latest generation with multiple smaller, more efficient induction coils ... this is like the dimming zone debate on lcd tv's.
(maybe it was you who discussed the control widget before ... make sure its not injested by a pet)

Soldato
- TwistPad Fire Control 918mm Induction Hob With FlexInduction Zones

don't know about the control, but the zoneless/flexinduction should indicate it is latest generation with multiple smaller, more efficient induction coils ... this is like the dimming zone debate on lcd tv's.
(maybe it was you who discussed the control widget before ... make sure its not injested by a pet)

Possibly, it seems pretty good, although the twistpad fire isn't as good as I'd hoped, but the multi zone stuff is very good!

Back
Top Bottom