Why do people feel the need to wear clothing with huge logos on them?

Associate
OP
For the same reason rich folk buy Christian Loubouton shoes, to appear wealthier than their peers.

The cheaper clothes generally have huge logos, the more expensive have subtle branding.

Most big logo clothes you see are fakes, too.

Question, what's the most expensive item of clothing you have bought?

Is this question directed at me specifically?

Caporegime
Despite that, I do agree. Luxury fashion brands do well out of the window of aspirational purchasers willing to plaster themselves in logos. The truly wealthy buy yachts and planes.

This guy know what's up.

*fistbump

Also just LOL at OP's inability to understand human choice and individual preference for items of subjective worth whilst also claiming some perceived level of superiority of maleness, itself a malleable term in these changing times, which must surely be questioned when reviewing their input to these forums, such as it is, which is not very much at all, all of which reduces to a feeling of general discomfort and awkwardness for them.

Noobs.

Soldato
This guy know what's up.

*fistbump

Also just LOL at OP's inability to understand human choice and individual preference for items of subjective worth whilst also claiming some perceived level of superiority of maleness, itself a malleable term in these changing times, which must surely be questioned when reviewing their input to these forums, such as it is, which is not very much at all, all of which reduces to a feeling of general discomfort and awkwardness for them.

Noobs.

Yeah, I used to wear Gucci.
Put it all in the bin cause that's not me.

Soldato
.....or a £50 watch for £5000?
Watches are slightly different to clothing, the higher end watch market can justify the high price.

Sure you have the likes of CK, Channel, Gucci and the recent Daniel Wellington Instagram madness which sell for hundreds/thousands for watches which can be found from China for £10 and have very low material quality & value.

Then you have the high end luxury watch market, which are quality, hand built limited pieces using high end materials. These sell for tens/hundreds of thousands from the likes of AP, Patek, A Lange, Richard Mille etc..

Soldato
Nothing screams chav more than seeing someone walking around in clothing with HUGE TEXT on saying "RALPH LAUREN", "CK", "Louis Vutton" etc....

Do they like being walking billboards? Like what happened to being subtle, do people honestly think this stuff looks good lol? Why do people feel the need to advertise that they are wearing "RALPH LAUREN" or what ever else?

Putting ‘lol’ in a sentence? So chavvy.

Man of Honour
I am trying to understand what "status" they are trying to portray?

The practice reminds me of something that my father said one day, when we stopped behind a shabby car with a plate that read something like TED 999.
“He probably paid a bundle for that plate, for a tenner he could have made a laminated sign saying, “I’m a prat, and I want everyone to know it.”

Soldato
Who would want to show off the fact they are wearing Stone Island? ew

Football hooligans love the stuff apparently.

I never knew about Canada Goose until an ex informed me of their own Canada Goose jacket and how much it cost - now I can't unsee the damn logo. Seems it's one of those "If you know, you know" brands isn't it?

Certainly seems that way. Don't see why you'd actually pay the price for one, but I guess some don't see past the logo.

Soldato
No. The truly wealthy commissions a £450,000,000 Superyacht... and then gives it to his wife.
He still bought a yacht. But they have a saying in Monaco, "there's always a bigger boat in the marina". Unless at the time you were Roman Abramovich, albeit technically he wasn't mooring in the marina.

Back
Top Bottom